1 month ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Finance Assistant will be part of the PlayStation Studios Finance group and support the Global Tech, Creative and Services Group.
- Perform activities related to month end close
- Develop and produce regular and ad-hoc reports to appraise performance against plans and support decision making at various levels of management
- Perform critical analysis of departmental performance through analysis of important metrics
- Monitor capacity utilization and cost allocation reporting for service groups and assist with initiatives to improve allocation rates
- Assist with Budgeting and Forecasting for certain support group subject areas
- Partner closely with key regional department representatives and finance staff, developing proven understanding of regional accounting practices and ensuring timelines and results are met
- Assist in the development and execution of group-wide initiatives
- Strong MS Office skills, particularly MS Excel (pivots, sumifs, vlookups etc)
- Be versatile, working with large volumes of data. (SQL, VBA, and Tableau experience a plus!)
- Ability to quickly assimilate new processes and technologies
- Personal time management skills and the ability to work under pressure to ensure that deadlines are met
- Strong communication skills
- Highly organized person that pays attention to the details
- Self-starter with ability to work in a fluid environment
- Interest in Games and passion for the Game industry
- Experienced in SAP, Oracle or other accounting packages
- Collaborative worker in cross functional/regional teams
- ACA, ACCA, CPA or CIMA qualification
- Prior work experience in Game Industry or Media & Entertainment
- Exposure to OLAP planning applications such as Planning Analytics
- Previous experience in report building with Cognos Analytics or a similar Business Intelligence tool (e.g. SAP BW, Business Objects)
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role may be eligible for bonus and SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$24 — $36 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
For more information about our benefits, please visit our Careers site.