Associate Financial Analyst
11 days ago
We Are EA
We’re EA—the world’s leading video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Apex Legends, Battlefield, Need for Speed, and Star Wars, to name but a few. W e entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Our Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team plays a critical role in providing strategic partnership to leaders across EA. We achieve this through effectively engaging with our partners to understand our broad strategy, analyzing data, and delivering insights to help drive EA’s current and future performance. This Financial Analytics Associate will support Marketing, specifically our Marketing consolidation, Events and Music teams.
What You’ll Do:
- Business Partnering
- Build relationships with partners and actively collaborate to work toward a goal
- Responsible for purchase order approvals, budgeted spend tracking, monthly close activities, and headcount management. Set control processes in place to manage spending and headcount within plan.
- Provide reporting focused on a variety of areas such as maximizing profitability or resource allocation
- Compile and analyze financial reports, identifying discrepancies that require management's attention
- Prepare, hold, and co-present business reviews for leaders focused on the story (not just data) with clear insights and actionable presentation material
- Drive results by partnering on business-related projects such as modeling business scenarios and tracking performance metrics
- Financial Close, Forecasting, Reporting and Analysis
- Own the financial forecast for 2 Business Units and provide insightful analysis to highlight variance drivers and identify opportunities to mitigate risk / improve performance
- Partner with the Accounting group to manage Close deliverables, timelines, process and reporting
- Design and implement reporting tools
- Drive FP&A Excellence
- Identify areas for continuous improvement, standardization and automation of forecasting and reporting
- Challenge status quo and provide alternative solutions
Who You Are:
- Highly-motivated, passionate self-starter
- Ability to handle multiple and competing priorities, meet tight deadlines, and to thrive in a fast-paced environment with high degree of change
- Ability to work with ambiguity and independence
- A team player able to work collaboratively, within the group and cross-functionally across business units/functions as a thought leader and partner
Preferred Experience and Technical Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/Accounting
- 0-1 years of experience in finance/accounting roles or academic work
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US on a fulltime basis. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Familiarity with P&L management, budgeting, forecasting, reporting and analysis
- Demonstrated proficiency in Accounting and general GAAP knowledge
- Excellent MS Excel and PowerPoint expertise required, familiarity with Hyperion Essbase, Tableau and Oracle preferred