This job might no longer be available.
Associate Experience Designer
Orlando Florida United States
7 days ago
Experience Designers will focus on the game player’s experience and interaction with the game. Their goal is to make the player’s experience as intuitive as possible, in particular by making sure a game player can easily navigate menus, icons, and displays. You will play an important role in the creation of Vanity (apparel, skins) assets for trending game modes. The Experience Designer will help conceptualize and create individual assets for the interface. Animation may also be required.
- Work with creative director and producer; participate in the creative process of in-game Vanity (apparel, skins) assets
- Conceptualizes thematic-based items that players can earn and equip in-game
- Create game menu mock-ups consistent with the game's art direction
- Create designs, and sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and aesthetic design concepts. Review final layouts and suggest improvements as needed .
- Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy and select style and size of type.
- Improve file size and configurations. Manipulate UI content and assets
- Confer with the product owners to discuss and determine layout design.
- Prepare illustrations or rough sketches of material, discussing them with supervisors and making necessary changes.
- Study illustrations and photographs to plan the presentation of materials and products.
- Bonus: Any experience with Adobe After Effects, Maya or other Motion Graphics are a plus
Additionally, you will need to provide customized art content for Madden Dynamic Messaging and MOTD on a daily basis, sometimes 7-days a week, sometimes 20+ images per day in multiple formats as needed for Live Content. The content is often iterated, sometimes even changed wholesale as our needs change. The Desiger will work with other artists, producers, and designers to develop content that meets game style requirements and Live Content themes.
What skills does EA look for?
Our Experience Designers have a background in digital interface design (console, software, web, and mobile).
From a technical standpoint, Experience Designers must have experience with Photoshop, Flash, and Illustrator. Nice to have skills include 3DS Max, Maya, Softimage/XSI, Premiere, Dreamweaver, Adobe Indesign and After Effects.
Experience Designers have artistic, typographic, and layout skills. You'll design solutions while following creative and art direction. A passion for apparel/clothing/style is a plus .
An Experience Designer’s portfolio must demonstrate a style without sacrificing the readability and flow of information. They must demonstrate a good eye for:
- Composition and layout
- Color theory