This job might no longer be available.
Associate Events Manager
Irvine, CA, United States
7 months ago
Blizzard Entertainment’s Events team is looking for an experienced Associate Event Manager with applied skills to conceptualize, develop, lead and fully execute a variety of multifaceted events and projects within the events team.
Reporting to the senior manager, global events, this Associate Events Manager will have the creative, technical, marketing communication, and project management skills to directly conceptualize, design, pre-plan, and execute intimate to massive events including being responsible for areas of BlizzCon. Their creative problem-solving skills must be stellar, they must be able to work quickly and efficiently, to multitask with a high-volume workload, and to remain productive and positive in high-pressure situations -- Impeccable organizational and time-management skills are an absolute must. This person is a self-starter and enjoys being part of a team but also excels at working autonomously.
Can you obsess on the details while keeping the big picture in mind? Are you a self-starter who can take direction but doesn’t need it? Are you the type of person who can work quickly to solve challenges? When you attend events do you find yourself thinking about how you would have done it differently? If you’re someone who likes video games, fantasy, sci-fi, graphic novels, technology or other geeky things, so much the better. You may be our ideal candidate!
- Comprehensively manage all the details of event production, including conceptualizing, designing, pre-planning (venue selection, scenic design, catering, logistics, qualifying vendors, etc.) and fully executing media, launch, marketing, and internal events.
- Manage company trade shows including exhibit house selection, booth design, activations, transportation/shipping logistics, installation & dismantle, event staffing, IT, AV, playable builds, giveaways and travel accommodations.
- Manage scenic design, build, and logistics for events.
- Develop, manage and reconcile event budgets. Assist with annual departmental budget development. Negotiate and manage event-related contracts and invoices.
- Gather, evaluate, track, and report on event metrics.
- Create and distribute event materials such as, but not limited to, event surveys, event briefs, milestone schedules, floor plans, show flows/scripts, and production schedules to appropriate internal and externals parties with enough time to allow for evaluation and feedback prior to event.
- Manage projects insuring that all events are executed at the highest quality. Proactively build and update milestone schedules with internal and external partners to allow adequate time for event-related deliverables.
- Evaluate all aspects of events, including processes and procedures, with the goal of improving quality as well as cost and time efficiencies.
- Responsible for tracking event metrics such as attendance, consumption patterns, etc. for relevant events.
- Actively seek out and maintain current knowledge of event design and production.
- Develop and carefully maintain productive business relationships with internal work associates and external vendors.
- Other related duties as required.
- 4+ years’ experience in event planning and production
- Experience planning events for 1000+ attendees
- Experience in personnel and/or resource management
- Impeccable organizational and time-management abilities
- Exceptional creative and logistical problem-solving skills
- Self-starting with the ability to handle multiple demanding projects simultaneously
- Remarkable attention to detail as well as ability to understand the big picture
- Solid proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Proficient in Visio a plus
- Ability to act with discretion when handling confidential matters
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a service-oriented attitude
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- A love of video games and passion for events
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.