This job might no longer be available.
Associate Esports Manager
7 months ago
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Associate Esports Manager , you’ll helm the largest competitive league in Japan, and provide League of Legends players with top-tier competitive experiences. Your strategic vision, advanced knowledge of tournament structures and unwavering passion for competitive LoL will shatter players’ expectations of what an Esports experience can be. You’ll regularly interface with top-level players and teams, comb through community metrics, track trends and iterate on our best practices to bring out the highest-caliber competition in the Japanese scene.
- Experienced and educated: you bring at least three years of experience in partner management, event coordination, and cross-functional collaboration and can back up the on-the-job experience with a BA or BS degree; any experience in marketing and Esports initiatives provides +5 to all applicant stats
- Japanese-speaker: you’re fluent in Japanese with the cultural context to understand and interpret players in Japan
- A bracket master: your knowledge of tourney formatting and organization has reached Mariana-like depths; you’ve built brackets and organized regional or national level competitions
- Results-oriented: when a task needs to be handled, you’re down to get your hands dirty and stuff done; you don’t wait around for others to give you marching orders before taking action
- Crazy for LoL: your passion for League of Legends goes way beyond the game; you know your Ceros’ from your Faker’s and you meticulously follow every pro tournament and team to keep current
- Manage all levels of the Esports teams, from acting as a tournament referee, to coordinating content with Web teams, to orchestrating Japan’s vision for tourney organization
- Operate as an army-of-one initially, and work very closely with partners involved in the League of Legends Japan League
- Grow the Japanese League of Legends Esports scene
- Build lasting bonds with new partners and fortify valuable relationships we already have
- Analyze tournament metrics and share your findings with other regions to aid in decision-making and improve the quality of League of Legends tourneys across the globe
- Create go-to-market plans for global LoL Esports events that maximize engagement and viewership for Japan’s fans
Click the button below and don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.