Associate Environment Artist
11 days ago
Archetype Entertainment is a new game studio in Austin, Texas led by industry veterans from BioWare and other AAA studios. Archetype is a division of Wizards of the Coast (Hasbro). We are building a development team with world-class talent to create a new science fiction universe for our first multiplatform roleplaying video game.
Our goal is to create the greatest story-driven roleplaying games in the world!
At Archetype, we believe there will always be a place for story-driven roleplaying games that put the player at the center of an epic personal narrative with impactful choices. We are building games that represent the diversity of our audience. We also believe that game studios should empower top developers and challenge them with ambitious projects that are shaped by a strong, clearly communicated creative vision.
We are looking for a skilled Associate Environment Artist with a strong passion for worldbuilding and science fiction to join our team! In this role, you will be supporting the creation of environments that match the feel of our world. This role requires strong attention to detail, an eye for beautiful lighting and composition as well as skills in creating real-time assets. You are collaborative and creative in your efforts to use tools and techniques to support the creation of immersive, well-crafted environments.
What You'll Do
- Contribute to the construction of beautiful environments in our game engine.
- Work closely with more senior Environment Artists to uphold the artistic vision of our game.
- Collaborate with fellow team members from both internal and outsourced groups.
- Grow as an artist and push your skills to the limit as we build an entirely new universe from the ground up.
What You'll Bring
- Self-motivation, strong communication skills, and are a great team-player.
- Experience in digital game development as an Environment Artist.
- Creative initiative to work from a detailed concept image to build and create assets of high visual quality.
- Familiarity with next-generation asset creation pipelines and tools.
- A portfolio showcasing an outstanding eye for lighting, materials, color theory, detail, and visual hierarchy.
- A passion for story-driven RPG games and science fiction.
- Proven problem-solving and prototyping ability.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.