This job might no longer be available.
3 days ago
At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, Austin, San Jose, Vancouver and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
Do you love the technical and tactical challenges that come with delivering a complex project that will be used (played!) by millions? Our Austin studio is looking for an Associate Software Engineer to contribute to the next iteration of the beloved and award-winning NBA 2K franchise.
What You Will Do:
- Develop for the NBA2K franchise on the Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4, and Xbox One
- Assist in implementing new gameplay features (e.g. drills, special events, GUI) across a diverse codebase
- Provide scheduling input and status updates for completion of work you're doing
- Write clean, robust, readable, well-documented, and efficient code that can be easily understood
- Demonstrate the assignment & technology flexibility required to assist adjacent teams in an agile team environment
Who Will Be A Great Fit:
- Experience with data structures and algorithms
- Familiarity with a broad range of gaming platforms and programming languages, especially C/C++
- Understanding of Object Oriented programming techniques and robust engineering practices
- Experience with software development patterns (e.g. singleton, factory method, etc.)
- Competent with 3D math (e.g. vectors, transformations, linear algebra)
- A standout colleague that takes joy in coding challenges and welcomes suggestions from other team members
- Familiarity with multithreaded and asynchronous programming
- Experience with recent generation game console and/or mobile app development
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Game engine experience (Unity 3D, Unreal Engine, Etc...)
- You love video games (not just ours!)
To learn more about Visual Concepts and our studio locations, check out our website at www.vcentertainment.com
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.