Associate Director of Social Media
The Gearbox Entertainment Company is an award-winning creator and distributor of entertainment for people around the world. Gearbox Entertainment develops and publishes products through its subsidiaries, Gearbox Software and Gearbox Publishing. Gearbox Entertainment has become widely known for successful game franchises including Brothers in Arms and Borderlands, as well as acquired properties Duke Nukem and Homeworld. Gearbox’s ambition is to entertain the world and its key driving objectives include the pursuit of happiness for our talent, partners and customers, the prioritization of entertainment and creativity and a measured respect for profitability. For more information, visit www.Gearbox.com.
Do you have your finger firmly on the pulse of the gaming industry? Are you energized by the unwavering passion of online player communities? Do you love bringing players together and connecting them to each other through digital content?
If you answered “yes!”, then we’d love to talk to you about a career at Gearbox Publishing. We are looking for an Associate Director of Social Media to oversee and lead the team responsible for Gearbox Publishing’s initiatives across social channels for all of its titles.
- Collaborate closely with the leads for Community Management, Influencer Marketing, and additional internal stakeholders to ensure the development of holistic communications plans for each of Gearbox Publishing’s titles.
- Report to, and work closely with, the Senior Director of Communications to determine how to best structure Gearbox Publishing’s Social Media team as we enter a period of exciting expansion.
- Grow and sustain social channels through quantifiable metrics that will be reported organization wide.
- Establish KPIs, and methodology for measurement and reporting, in coordination with the Senior Director of Communications.
- Determine when, and how, to spin-up new channels and sunset existing ones.
- Ensure the development and maintenance of social media calendars inclusive of copy development, asset creation, and coordination of key dates with other Communications team leads and members.
- Responsible for ensuring Social Media team members are consistently innovating ways in which to maximize engagement with players across relevant social channels (e.g. Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, YouTube)
- Establish quality-control processes for all social channels, which includes access and security parameters, flow of outgoing content, IP rights usage, and monitoring tools.
- Serve as the lead point of contact with agencies supporting Social Media team members.
- Institute processes and systems for the development and deployment of top-tier creative content (gifs, short video clips, and high-quality images) across channels.
- Manage budgets for external agency partners and other related expenses.
- 6+ years of experience in social media strategy and execution across a range of channels.
- Experience overseeing a team and serving as a mentor for career growth.
- Has experience driving growth of multiple social media channels through both organic and paid methods.
- Knowledge of current trends in the gaming industry and adjacent spaces.
- Experience working with, and/or managing, social media and creative agencies from the RFP process all the way through to day-to-day execution and regular budget management.
- Awareness and knowledge of social, cultural trends, and current events.
Bonus Points For:
- Has previous experience working on AAA products at a gaming publisher, developer, or agency.
- Has previously worked directly with platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and YouTube.
- Knowledgeable about Gearbox-owned IPs (Borderlands, Brothers in Arms, Risk of Rain, Duke Nukem, Homeworld, among others).
Gearbox Entertainment believes that all team members should be able to enjoy a work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of the world we strive to entertain. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we provide fair and equal treatment to all team members and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.