Associate Director, Product Manager
5 days ago
Job Title:Associate Director, Product Manager
Associate Director of Product Management, Developer Nexus - Battle.net
Battle.net & Online Products is home to a team of caring and passionate engineers, product managers, designers, and test analysts, that work together on the legendary gaming network, Battle.net, to bring millions of gamers together and to make our products available to our players around the world.
Why work on just one game when you can work on all games? Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an experienced Director of Product Management to join our leadership team here in Battle.net & Online Products. You will work alongside world class engineering, design and product leaders as well as executive staff for all games at Blizzard and Activision. We work on player-facing experiences as well as back-end systems and services that connect more than 100 million players every year across all device categories and platforms. Our job is simple: to build experiences that attract, retain, and engage the greatest gamers in the world. If you're excited about not only driving product vision and strategy on a global scale, but more importantly, creating an environment where people work together to make a difference for the better in our world, then this is the place for you!
We need a product leader that can build a long-term strategy, lead x-product and x-org initiatives, and drive execution to ship epic experiences that have a direct impact on key business and player metrics. Specifically, this particular role encapsulates the ownership of the product vision and strategy around our Battle.net Developer Nexus products. As a manager of managers, you will create the environment and lead solutions for challenging spaces such as our game publishing and title management systems, platform SDKs, game integrations and developer tools, all while being thoughtful about inclusive experiences that are commercial grade and self-service, highly data protection and legally compliant globally.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We have transitioned to a work-from-home model and we are continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options. Eventually, most of our positions will be in Irvine, CA, or Austin, TX, and we will discuss this during the hiring process.
- Lead Multiple Teams – Work with your Product Management leads and their direct reports, plus Design & Engineering counterparts, to develop a long term product vision and strategy across our Developer Nexus product portfolio
- Voice of the Customer – Explore and learn how our studio partners engage with our game publishing and title management tools and products. Become their voice and represent their needs throughout the development process
- Data Aware Mindset - Leverage a voracious and endless appetite to learn about our studios and platform developers -- what are their needs, what are their challenges want, and where we fall short in those areas
- Champion and Develop People - As a manager of managers, it's a primary responsibility to create an environment where your teams thrive, learn new skills and actively develop their career
- Develop Core Goals & Roadmaps - Help define clear and concise focus areas by identifying the desired business outcomes, priorities to improve, and defining measurements to achieve this goal
- Define Features – Work closely with our product teams to develop new features and workflows that help unlock the potential of all teams to deliver more value to our players
- Evangelize the Vision – Communicate the product plan to internal and external stakeholders to gain and maintain alignment throughout the product lifecycle
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience as a product manager or manager of product managers, responsible for shipping widely-used customerfacing products
- Demonstrated ability to manage a portfolio of products, helping to shape the cross-product vision and strategy (the forest from the trees)
- Experience simultaneously running multiple projects through the full software development life-cycle Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Domain experience in one or more of the following areas: technical products through the lens of platform availability and scale
- Experience building platform features and capabilities, that serve millions of customers globally
- Strong technical background, particularly in back-end technologies
- Expertise in JIRA, Confluence, or comparable team collaboration applications
- Passion for the gaming industry and community (or interest in making this a new passion!)