Associate Director – Platform Infrastructure
19 days ago
Job Title:Associate Director – Platform Infrastructure
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility and creativity to improve the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB
Associate Director – Platform: Infrastructure
Activision Blizzard’s Information Systems team is looking for an experienced and talented Associate Director to join our Platform: Infrastructure team. The Platform: Infrastructure team builds and supports the compute and storage platforms used internally across the organization. We have a diverse set of needs from the business, so in this role you would lead several teams in delivering on our mix of on-premise and cloud infrastructure.
This role requires substantial interaction with support and development teams so strong communication and interpersonal skills are required as well as a desire for delivering great customer service.
- Lead different teams within the Platform: Infrastructure team
- Support, mentor, and grow the engineering managers and individual contributors in your organization
- Work with the business and IT leadership to establish a vision and roadmap
- Provide both technical vision and mentorship for the team
- Solve tough and complex business problems, utilizing both repeatable and creative solutions
- Translate business requirements and objectives into long term solutions
- 4+ years of leading an engineering team, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of working with information systems infrastructure
- Proficiency with public cloud environments (AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Proficiency in managing VMWare environments
- Strong understanding of security best practices
- Strong problem solving skills
- Highly motivated and self-driven, capable of seeing the bigger picture and leading their team to that vision
- A degree in computer science or a related field
- Experience with VDI solutions
- Experience with VMWare’s VRA/VROPS
- Hands on experience with containerization technology such as docker or Kubernetes
- A passion for video games
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $155,500.00 - $287,876.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.