Associate Director, Human Resources (Los Angeles)
14 days ago
Square Enix, one of the world’s most recognized video game companies, is seeking an experienced Associate Director of Human Resources for the Americas based in our El Segundo, CA headquarters to lead both the operational and strategic HR responsibilities for the region.
The Associate Director, HR will oversee responsibilities related, but not limited to, staffing and retention; labor and employee relations; benefits; compensation programs; risk management; and legal compliance of HR practices; training and development.REQUIREMENTS:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to multi‑task in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience advising on labor legislation.
- Flexibility and willingness to independently navigate areas of unfamiliarity.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Positive and professional attitude.
- Strong word processing and other computer skills.
- Independent worker (i.e., takes initiative and works well with little supervision).
- Efficient and productive.
- Excellent ability to create a comfortable and healthy work environment for employees.
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner.
- Able to act as the ‘right hand’ to the Head of HR, being flexible working to a broad remit of responsibility.
- Comfortable with line management responsibilities & delegation of tasks
- Ability to work with 3rd party providers, agencies, law firms, suppliers etc
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Manages a Human Resources department and/or major Human Resources function or set of functions
- Coach / mentor managers and employees to increase HR effectiveness
- Act as HR point person for heads of departments
- Management consultation and resolution regarding employee relations and legal compliance including investigations.
- Advise and counsel company leaders and managers with employee relations, attendance, discipline, terminations.
- Leading the development, implementation, and interpretation of company-wide policies/procedures to guide management in the application of risk management, disciplinary processes, grievances, hiring and selection, and compensation processes.
- Manages the revision and standardize HR policies, including employee handbook, new hire orientation, and sick and vacation policies.
- Manages a portion of the company’s annual employee performance review process and development of department goals and objectives process, which includes reviewing documentation, coaching/counseling executives, managers, and supervisors.
- Facilitates or processes employee movement such as promotions, transfers, resignations, and discharges.
- Updates and manage all employee benefits programs including Section 125, 401k, Section 127
- Leave of Absence administration including FMLA, CFRA, PDL and Personal leaves.
- HIPAA and ERISA compliance
- Collaborate with HR in Square Enix office locations.
- Contributes to the development of Company-wide job descriptions
- Participate in Management and Leadership training and development
- Manage the maintenance of new applicants, employee personnel files, and the accurate entry of data into the Human Resources Information System and/or database.
- Entering, auditing, and approving payroll Interfaces and entry, to ensure accuracy and meet deadlines.
- Participate in budget preparation and concurrence to the budget
- US Immigration/Visa knowledge
- 5 to 10 years of HR Senior Leadership experience.
- Working knowledge of local, state and federal employment laws and regulations.
- High level of integrity and the demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner.
- At least a medium level of proficiency with office software programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to interact with team members from all levels of the organization.
- Accurate, dependable, detail-oriented, analytical, with strong organizational skills.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or related discipline is required.
- An emphasis in Human Resources Management is preferred.
- Japanese language skills and experience working with Japanese corporations (not required, but a plus).
Our goal at Square Enix is to hire, retain, develop and promote the best talent, regardless of age, gender, race, religious, belief, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Our pledge to D&I
At Square Enix we believe in the importance of being a diverse and global company, and we stand firmly together against any forms of injustice, intolerance, harassment or discrimination. In our effort to create a truly diverse workforce, we pledge to continue to raise awareness in every step of the employee experience, from recruitment to promotions to ensure equal opportunities for all. One of our goals is to champion diversity in games and at work and work together to inspire real change.
Learning and education around D&I will be a key element for us to continue to grow as an organization. With unconscious bias training, D&I workshops and a variety of initiatives to give our employees the opportunity to be heard and be part of that change to achieve real equality. We need all our efforts to continue to build our culture of inclusion and equality.
We are also proud to partner with UKIE's Raise the Game pledge, BAME in Games and Women in Games, to name a few.
Covid-19 remote working
Square Enix are committed to keeping our employees safe. We have a hybrid working policy which allows flexible remote working. If this interests you please apply and we look forward to speaking to you more about this.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.