Associate Director, Divisional Communications
16 days ago
Capcom U.S.A., Inc.
Associate Director, Divisional Communications
Date started in position
Sr. Director, Divisional Communications
Date of last Position Review:
Position Summary :
This position will be responsible for directing the project management flow related to the Divisional Communications function at CUSA. The role will provide a varied level of Capcom product management and communication services to the organization.
The incumbent will be the point of contact for all Divisional Communications projects and will be the team lead and supervise several Associate Project Managers.
Reporting to the Director of Divisional Communications, this position will require exceptional organizational and communication skills. Position will be responsible for communicating and ensuring effective and efficient execution of project directives and deliverables received from the Senior Director of Divisional Communications and internal/external project counterparts
Responsible for facilitating the communication and plan implementation between US office and its parent company, Capcom Japan.
This includes responsibility in managing the product by directing the project execution for product marketing and PR activities with Japan production teams, event coordination and occasional senior management interaction, and a variety of translation services
Will lead the supervision of Project Managers
III. Essential Functions & Responsibilities
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Specific responsibilities of the Associate Director, Divisional Communications position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- To direct and manage the execution of the overall product strategy plan with multiple partners which includes marketing/PR/sales, between PD team and Pan Western Marketing team (US/Europe)
- Leads and directs the daily operations and assignments of the project managers under his supervision.
- Evaluates and plans the appropriate resources to meet project goals/milestones and operational objectives.
- Primary liaison between Head Quarters Product Development team and US Office Marketing/product execution aspect on all strategic and tactical relationship issues in North America
- Managing product portfolio and work closely/liaising with Product Development team to assess knowledge of the product
- Interacting with various team members within the organization and assisting the marketing/PR/events plan and ensure that outputs, executions are accurate to meet target goals for the US division
- Managing overall product execution, keep track of projects leading up to launch.
- Establish and create documented procedures for the Divisional Communications Functions and facilitates the establishing solid processes where the responsibilities may overlap across the organization.
- Translation of documents and interpretation in management meetings as required
- Mentors and develops the Project Managers under his supervision.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The Associate Director, Divisional Communications must be fluent in Japanese and English, Video game industry experience required, excellent project management skills, ability to lead cross functional teams and have a strong foundation in Marketing and experience recommended. It will be essential for the individual to establish a very good working relationship with CJ R&D, and to understand both the CJ and CUSA perspectives on issues, with an eye toward mutually beneficial results.
Education and Experience:
- Typically has 5-8 years’ experience in Product Management, project management, localization, or cross-regional communications liaison function.
- BA/BS degree with outstanding academic performance
- Japanese Proficiency Level 1 / Certification Required
- Experience working in the video games industry
- Experience working in a Japanese business environment
- Experience working in a APAC, EMEA, or Pan-Western environment
Licenses, Certificates and Other
This position requires working in an office environment for extended periods of time. Will require maintaining a seated position and typing.
Work is generally performed in an office environment and the noise level is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties, knowledge, skills, abilities, or requirements, as any one position in this classification may be assigned some or all of these duties, in addition to other duties not explicitly listed here. The various duties, responsibilities and/or assignments of this position may be unevenly balanced and changed from time to time based upon matters such as, but not limited to, variations in shift schedules, work demands, seasons, service levels and management’s decisions on how to best allocate department resources. Any shift, emphasis or rebalancing of these assigned duties, responsibilities and/or assignments does not constitute a change in the job classification.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.