Associate Director/Director, Business Performance – Unannounced Project
Irvine California 92618 United States of America
4 months ago
Team Name:Unannounced Project
Job Title:Associate Director/Director, Business Performance – Unannounced Project
Blizzard Entertainment is a community of 4,000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming but entertainment and the technology that drives our player experience.
We're on a quest to find a legendary Associate Director/Director, Business Performance who is a master of their craft. This role is a career defining opportunity to be the first business-focused hire a title in the early stages of development. The right candidate will partner with the design leadership to define and execute the business model and post-launch live service approach. This is someone who has experience and passion for game development and live operations of games after launch. Importantly, they will have a deep understanding of and empathy for our players because they are a player themselves.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Collaborate with game design leadership to set business goals and develop a robust business model that can reach those goals
- Establish goals and KPIs to measure player base health and business performance; monitor and escalate potential issues and share performance data with development, publishing, and commercial leadership
- Define and execute in and out of game programs and events (e.g., promotions, A|B testing, etc.) and propose compelling features to improve engagement, retention, and monetization; and report on performance
- Manage the in-game monetization strategy and business model to drive acquisition, retention, and monetization while maintaining a healthy community
- Track player life cycle and acquisition funnel and execute initiatives to improve performance
- Identify discrete player segments and champion initiatives in game and out of game to address them
- Collaborate with production to ensure events and initiatives are executed in game (e.g., in-game events, price changes, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of experience in gaming including product management, live ops performance, or monetization design
- Experience working with internal and external game development studios
- Deep knowledge in the key performance metrics that drive game performance
- Passion for the business of mobile games
- Experienced manager with a demonstrated ability to build and lead teams
- A leader by influence who is excited to pitch in and help
- Data-driven decision maker with intellectual humility and a passion for testing
- Excellent interpersonal skills to manage complex projects with diverse stakeholders all over the world (disciplines, regions, etc.)
- Collaborative problem solver, structured and organized thinker, excellent written and verbal communications
- Integrity, excellent judgment, and discretion
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!