Associate Director, Community Development
28 days ago
Ubisoft is currently seeking a full-time Associate Director to supervise global and cross-team communication efforts on a portfolio of Free-To-Play Titles, as well as manage Community Developers based within Free-To-Play Production Teams.
The Associate Director Community Development, Free-To-Play is responsible for the overall success of our communication and channel content efforts for the brands developed in the studios.
They provide a strong connection between the gaming community, the development team, and various internal Ubisoft teams, managing key aspects of communication, asset development and working to improve and expand the game experience.
The Associate Director Community Development, Free-To-Play will be part of the Leadership team defining the publishing strategy of their portfolio. They will be in direct contact with the VP, Executive Publisher, and will be reporting to the Sr. Director, Community Experience.
- Lead an international team of Community Developers dedicated to F2P Ubisoft titles, providing training, oversite, and adherence to standards for maximizing performance.
- Act as liaison with Executive Producers, Live Producers and Brand Directors to ensure communications operations are linked to game-activity and marketing strategy.
- Ensure coherence and consistency between Production/Brand Teams, PR/Content Creators Teams, Digital Influencer Teams, Community Teams & Frontline/CS Teams
- Collaborate with operational marketing and production teams to create global community plans for our AAA titles, emphasizing performance goals, content calendars, and impactful moments to drive service engagement.
- Partner with production-teams to understand product designs, to provide feedback on features and tools that drive player engagement.
- Operate communities at scale, providing actionable solutions that implementing established community team processes, standards, and performance within Ubisoft.
- Prepare, forecast and manage the Community Developer budgets and resources, ensuring that the team is properly supported.
- Run the team efficiently, monitor team morale, conduct consistent meetings with stakeholders and partners, ensure appropriate visibility and support levels are maintained.
- Work with Head of Community Development on trainings across the division, communicating best practices and expected benchmarks, and regularly share learnings and examples with the global team.
- Partner with the San Francisco, Paris, and Cary executive management to ensure that community is represented during major production and business milestones.
Candidates for this position should have a thorough understanding of contemporary gaming genres and platforms, including fluency with games-as-a-service practices and F2P production/business models. The ideal candidate is a creative and passionate gamer, comfortable with online communities, social media activity and gaming-influencers, with excellent communication skills, and the drive to coach team members to achieve excellence.
- Strong experience working in community- or communications-related fields.
- Well-versed in social media, live streaming, and digital content.
- Excellent leadership skills and proven expertise managing teams in diverse locations and dynamic environments.
- Very strong written and verbal English communications skills.
- Ability to lead a global team to prioritize tasks and deliver on time. Highly motivated and proactive, always seeking solutions to problems.
- Flexible, strives in fast changing situations and strong at multi-tasking.
- Loves and plays video games, a must.
- International travel required.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
The position is based in Ubisoft Cary in North Carolina and will require frequent travel to the relevant production and business locations.
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game changing challenges, cutting edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.