Associate Development Manager (Project Manager)
2 months ago
Pocket Gems seeks to build the greatest mobile games and most compelling interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with, in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009, and it continues to inspire us today. Since then, we’ve grown to over 200 people headquartered in San Francisco, and with $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground in mobile entertainment.
Our products have been downloaded over 500 million times by players around the world and have grossed over $1 billion in revenue. We continue to release brand new content for Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As our community of players continues to grow, we’re committed to building diverse and inclusive environments across our teams, and in our games.
As an Associate Development Manager (Project Manager) on the Dragons team at Pocket Gems, you’ll manage the game development life-cycle from initial concept through development to release. You'll help own and manage a live game played by millions of people around the world!
What You’ll Do
- Coordinate cross functional work as it pertains to the development of War Dragons
- Be accountable for and run a single Scrum team
- Navigate Scrum team to successfully meet sprint goals
- Own submissions and release process for server and client side releases
- Manage and coordinate roadmap/releases and run scrum activities Guide Scrum teams to solve intricate problems during emergency situations
- Coordinate and collaborate with multiple teams, resources and timelines: Engineering, Art, UX, Story, Marketing, and Player Experience to ensure strong team chemistry and execution
- Detect inefficiencies in processes and propose improvements
- Work in an entrepreneurial, learning environment with a world-class team of Developers
What You Bring To The Development Management Team
- Passion for the entertainment or games industry
- Ability to balance business level decisions while maintaining effective team collaboration and commitment to players
- Ability to form own opinion and take ownership of critical decision making moments
- Excellent intuition for solving problems
- At least 2 years of experience in:
- Managing and running scrum teams
- Running cross functional teams
- Online/Mobile Product experience with a technology company
- Experience in running successful teams
- Strong process oriented mentality to help teams run efficiently
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Extra Gems For
- Previous startup, consumer technology, engineering/software development experience
- Scrum Master Certification
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Read more about what we’ve been up to!
At Pocket Gems, we're building teams that value originality, inclusivity, and accountability -- and we hope to engage with talent based on these and other core values . We also offer competitive perks, such as flexible vacation, 401k matching, and a generous benefits package,
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.