This job might no longer be available.
Cary NC us
7 months ago
Red Storm Entertainment has an exciting opportunity for a passionate Associate Game Designer to join our world class team! As an associate designer you will help drive the development of multiple support systems and have a hand in analyzing playtest feedback and tuning features to create the best player experience possible.
· Own Support Systems – Take a key role to drive the development of support systems such as Leaderboards and Benchmarking tools that help support the projects core gameplay.
· Design and Document – Assist the lead designer and other designers to flesh out feature designs and documentation for all assigned features.
· Assist in implementation – Work with technical designers to learn and utilize the tools provided by the project team to implement gameplay as directed.
· Assist in driving feature development - Constantly review the progress of the game and suggest adjustments of assigned features to match the vision.
· Assist design group –Provide feedback to other designers on ideas, features, gameplay, and design documents and contribute actively to brainstorming sessions.
· Understand and support Game Vision – Have a proficient knowledge of the core vision of the game, design documentation and in-game implementation to assist the Lead Designer in disseminating the vision to any audience.
· Regular Playtesting – Remain knowledgeable of the entire game throughout production to assist in productive playtesting sessions and to provide actionable feedback.
· Competitive Analysis – Periodically play and complete analysis of relevant competitor’s games and features.
· Be self-driven - Produce work in an efficient and timely manner, adhering to an agreed-upon schedule.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· 1+ years of design experience preferred
· Extensive knowledge of games in many genres across all platforms
· Demonstrated ability to effectively document original ideas and concepts
· Strong interpersonal skills—able to interact with team members of different disciplines
· Willingness to respond to and adapt to constructive criticism
· Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications
· Deep passion for games as a craft
· Good positive attitude and outlook
· Familiarity with Ubisoft products
· Experience with multiplayer games, open world games, role playing games, and/or live games preferred
· College degree in related field preferred
· Candidates for this position should be prepared to provide samples, including game scripts, design documents, and/or writing samples
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.