This job might no longer be available.
Associate Data Analyst
Vancouver British Columbia Canada
6 months ago
The Opportunity Ahead:
As an Associate Data Analyst within the Sports QV Data Analytics Team you will play a key role in analyzing our operational data to improve our Quality Verification (QV) strategies. You will be a sharp, curious, and analytic individual who has a passion for diving into data to solve business problems. Your insights will influence how we build and verify the quality of our games.
What a QV Associate Data Analyst does at EA:
- Receives questions from clients, understands the questions, and determines the data needed to find the solutions.
- Assembles data from multiple sources, conducts analysis, performs research, designs, documents and implements analytical solutions.
- Designs, evaluates, and monitors key metrics
- Develops and maintains scripts and queries to import, manipulate, clean, transform data
- Builds live data dashboards complete with user documentation
- Performs quality assurance to ensure accuracy and consistency
- Presents analysis conclusions to clients in a clear, understandable, and valuable way.
- Communicates clearly (and as often as needed) with team members and business partners.
Our Next Associate Data Analyst needs:
- Experience in past analytical role (internship and co-op experience accepted)
- Good knowledge of data visualization software (Power BI, Tableau, Excel etc.)
- Familiarity with databases and good knowledge of SQL for data retrieval purposes
- Strong MS Excel skills or other similar data analysis tool
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics etc.) and/or successful completion of post-secondary level math and statistics courses or equivalent experience.
- Very good foundation of math and statistical knowledge including an understanding of probability, correlation, regression, classification and other statistical methods
- Exceptional problem solving, creative thinking, and analytical skills
- Ability to initiate and maintain close collaborative partnerships with coworkers and stakeholders
- Ability to take ownership of projects and look for new problems to solve and new concepts to implement.
- Quick learner with an innate desire to continually learn, adapt, and develop abilities
- Skillful communicator who is not afraid to ask questions and brings new insights to light
- Professionalism in working with clients and working in a team environment
- Able to work autonomously and to targeted deadlines with minimal oversight.
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, and pension with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.
We thought you might also want to know more about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eav
Diversity & Inclusion:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law
EA has taken efforts to ensure that our on-line application system is accessible to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. Applicants with disabilities may contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance accessing our careers.ea.com website. In your email, please including your name and preferred method of contact, and EA will respond as soon as possible.