Associate Creative Director [Assassin's Creed VR] (f/m/d)
18 days ago
At Ubisoft Düsseldorf, we are currently looking for a Creative Leader for our exceptional AAA VR Team. We’re interested in applicants able to fill the role of a Creative Director, Associate Creative Director, or Lead Game Designer for Assassin’s Creed VR currently in development for the Oculus platform. You will join a large-scale multi-studio project, with the budget of AAA production behind you, and with the goal to deliver a benchmark title for VR and for the Oculus platform.
As Associate Creative Director, you will work alongside the Creative Director, and be responsible for identifying and delivering genre leading experiences that push VR and the Assassin’s Creed franchise forward. You will be one of the key vision holders for the game and will be responsible for setting standards and ensuring our game achieve the highest quality standards. This is a rare opportunity to be part of one of the industry's biggest open world franchises.
In addition to serving as Associate Creative Director on Assassin’s Creed VR, you will also be the Creative Director for the VR track in Ubisoft Düsseldorf, defining and communicating the high-level vision that shapes the games that we will produce in the future. You will also be in charge of fostering and improving the design teams capabilities and understanding of VR best practices.
As Lead Game Designer, your primary responsibility would be the leadership, professional growth and design process quality for the fantastic team of Game Designers in the Düsseldorf VR team working on Assassin’s Creed VR.
- On Assassin’s Creed VR, you will participate in materializing the vision for the game and support it until release
- You will define a clear, cohesive creative vision for upcoming VR games produced in the studio
- Pitch the game vision to the editorial team and upper management; represent your team and the project to them
- Work closely with other core team members to develop their specific parts of the vision and unify your concepts to tie together all design, graphic, narrative, and technical elements
- Communicate (and emphasize) the creative direction across the production floor to guide teams
- Validate the consistency and quality of the game to ensure creative alignment between branding, experience, and strategy
- Review and discuss production priorities, timelines, and scope with the Production team.
- Collaborate and communicate in a large co-dev project with diverse disciplines (Programmers, Designers, UI/UX, User Research, QA, etc.)
- As Lead Designer, manage the quality and performance of the design team
- Around 7 years of leadership experience in the video game industry (or other relevant experience): you’re a creative leader with a vision for the future of games
- Previous experience in VR design
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Effective cross-departmental communication: you have the know-how to comfortably communicate with all disciplines (programming, art, design, marketing, production, testing)
- A highly collaborative and innovative spirit
- The ability to take technical and production feasibility into account when coming up with concepts
- Mentorship: you’re motivated to share your expertise to guide the next generation of creatives
- Autonomy in using presentation and design tools (e.g. PowerPoint, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Knowledge of game engines and their limitations
- Strong experience in stakeholder management, working out requirements and priorities between the production team and business, marketing and other strategic partners
- A solid understanding of the market & a (fiery) passion for video games
- This position is located in Germany and requires relocation.
- No German language skills necessary; only proficiency in English
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance
- Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy: We offer multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas. Guest speakers from the industry, workshops and access to our training and development platform
- Discounted Games: Discount on employee game orders & free Ubisoft games on Ubisoft Connect
- Monthly Mobility Budget: 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket
- Up To 350€ Childcare Support Per Child Per Month: In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year
- Self-study And Training Hours: You have access to our in-house library
- Company Pension Scheme: We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Gym Subsidy: We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you
- Hybrid Work Model: Provides the flexibility to combine working from the studio and your home within Germany
- 26 Days Paid Vacation Per Year: Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the Düsseldorf region
- Corporate Benefits Web Portal: With employee discount programs for affiliated retailers, shops and service providers
We offer a highly motivating challenge for team players interested in showing personal initiative in an innovative and international company. If you are passionate about video games and would like to join an industry leader - please apply via our career portal.
For further information, please check https://duesseldorf.ubisoft.com/en/.
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of video games worldwide with a network of over 44 locations. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German studios in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Anno”, “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", James Cameron's "Avatar", "Beyond Good and Evil 2", “Assassin's Creed VR”, "Splinter Cell VR" and many more.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.