Associate Counsel, Ethics & Compliance
1 month ago
Job Title:Associate Counsel, Ethics & Compliance
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
The Associate Counsel, Ethics & Compliance will be instrumental in bringing to life our company’s compliance and risk programs. The role will report to the Senior Manager, Corporate Governance & Compliance, and will also support the Vice President, Corporate Governance & Compliance.
This role is ideal for a proactive go-getter with an interest in growing, learning, and wearing multiple hats. It presents a high-growth opportunity for someone with the right combination of “outside the box” thinking, creativity, and strong work ethic, as well as consistent attention to detail and focus on high-quality work product.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Manage the company’s compliance-related processes including conflicts of interest, relationship disclosures, and assist with employee compliance training
- Help provide expertise and guidance to people across the company on a broad range of compliance topics, including ethics, conflicts of interest, relationship disclosures, navigating the company’s policies, etc.
- In partnership with various functions, assist in the development, implementation, and maintenance of our existing compliance-related policies and procedures, including the Code of Conduct
- Assist in the drafting, development, and delivery of new compliance policies, including performing legal research on laws and regulations that inform our company policies
- Assist with the development, implementation, and delivery of our customized ethics and compliance trainings and communications to employees across the company, including live “roadshow” trainings for our various global locations, as well as the development of interactive online content
- Assist with the company-wide Record Management Day
- Remain respectful and diplomatic in the face of difficult or uncomfortable situations surrounding any reports or disclosures received
- Monitor industry and regulatory developments, and make compliance recommendations
- Pursue continuing education to maintain knowledge of current ethics and compliance rules and practices
- This position may also support the traditional corporate legal function, assisting with transactional matters as necessary (e.g., acquisitions and/or debt-related work).
- J.D. degree from an ABA-accredited law school (or equivalent) and an active member in good standing of the California Bar, or qualified to practice as a California registered in-house counsel.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Astute ability to analyze, assess, and effectively communicate business and compliance/legal risks
- Strong computer skills, with particular comfortability working with Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, as well as learning new platforms or applications as required
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability to collaboratively work with a wide range of individuals, including senior management
- Ability to balance multiple time-sensitive priorities in a fast-moving, deadline-driven environment
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Outstanding judgment and discretion while handling sensitive information and maintaining high level of confidentiality
- Intellectual curiosity and commitment to learning
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.