This job might no longer be available.
Associate Content Specialist
24 days ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
Who We’re Looking For:
Support the execution of Live Ops and our exciting and robust player-facing initiatives, collect data, and execute new campaigns based on player learnings. You will join a dedicated team passionate about quality and delivering excellence in player marketing. Deploy email campaigns (basic HTML understanding is a must), schedule push notifications, develop art assets (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, or similar program strongly suggested), and write copy.
What You Will Do :
- Design game and campaign-based artwork for multiple marketing channels.
- Write compelling copy to engage our players in exciting events and special offers.
- Edit HTML-based email for seasonal, ad hoc, and weekly campaign deploys.
- Schedule and deploy highly-visible campaigns with a focus on player-first accuracy.
- Maintain high quality work and attention to detail in a high-pressure, deadline-driven environment.
- Develop copy and art assets based on the full lifecycle of a player: entering the game, fostering confidence in play, encouraging in-app spend, cultivating player engagement, and re-engaging lapsed or soon-to-lapse players.
- Outstanding creative writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier, and/or InDesign
- Beginning to intermediate knowledge of HTML
- Process-oriented with a high attention to detail
- A high level of creativity, attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- 2-5 years of experience in professional organization performing similar duties
- Experience in the gaming industry a plus
About Your Team:
We offer a robust training program to get you up-to-speed with 7, 30, and 90 day goals to challenge and engage you. We never get bored with so many thrilling initiatives to bring to our amazing player-base. Your team thrives in a fast-paced environment in which everyone is cross-trained to step in for one another in a pinch. We execute new and innovative campaigns every week, and everyone’s voice is heard. This is the entrance into the gaming industry you’ve been looking for!
Due to COVID, this opening is currently remote and eligible to anyone residing in our office locations (Portland, Las Vegas, Los Angeles). Attendance in office will be required in 2021 (or when safe to do so).
Play your (future) teammates’ favorite Skillz Mobile Games to get to know us better:
Blackout Blitz | CandyPrize | Bubble Shooter Arena | Mushroom Wars 2 Arena
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.