Associate Content Operator (Contract)
5 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Associate Content Operator (Contract)
San Mateo, CA
The Associate Content Operator works in a deadline-driven atmosphere, focused on staging basic and complex PlayStation®Store content for daily publication in a variety of supported countries/regions. The successful Operator reviews for accuracy, uploads, and maintains downloadable content on all PlayStation platforms (PS5, PS4) and online storefronts. The role requires an expertise in customer service, partner communication (written and verbal), and a working understanding of entertainment software. Ideal candidates will be able to work well under deadline pressure, prioritize tasks, and quickly adapt to change.
Principle Duties / Responsibilities:
- Accurately input, publish and maintain basic content (such as games, avatars, and demos) for distribution on the PlayStation storefronts using a web-based content management system.
- Enforce process rules and deadlines for game content, ensuring a smooth publishing process.
- Work closely with the Managers of the Content Operation team to troubleshoot technical issues as they arise.
- Assist in testing new builds of the content management system and other backend tools and provide feedback.
- Coordinate with various internal and external groups, such as QA, Digital Supply Chain, Content Lifecycle Management, 3 rd Party Publisher Relations, PR, Product Development and Developer Support to accurately deploy content on time.
- Assist in creation and improvement of operational processes
- Process urgent storefront and content related requests.
Required Knowledge / Skills:
- Excellent organizational skills
- A consumer-level understanding of the PlayStation®Store and PlayStation®
- Strong understanding of web-based technology and network infrastructure
- Experience working with content management systems
- Experience with media or eCommerce websites
- Must be willing to work overtime and occasionally on weekends
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Preferred Experience / Education:
- 1+ years of industry experience
- Database data entry experience
- An expert understanding of industry trends, practices, and genres
- Proven experience working in a cross-cultural, multi-national organization
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information , including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information , including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.