Associate Content Manager (Contract)
San Mateo, CA, United States
6 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Associate Content Manager (Contract)
Please note, this is a 6-month temporary assignement through our staffing partner, Yoh.
San Mateo, CA
PlayStation is looking for a dynamic, highly motivated Associate Content Manager for our PlayStation Services team (PlayStation Plus and Now). The Associate Content Manager will be responsible for the development, operational delivery and performance tracking of the PlayStation Plus and Now business plans, including:
- Managing end to end processes around promotions and campaigns in partnership with cross functional teams (third party relations, games lifecycle management, merchandizing, analytics and store operations)
- The operational execution of the PlayStation Services plans – including leading the monthly game releases and briefings, requesting and managing all content contracts (with the legal and third party relations teams), setting up and tracking POs (with Finance and Accounts Payable), and working to maximise how the content is displayed to customers (with Marketing, CRM and CRO)
- Forecasting, tracking and reviewing performance of the games on the services – including developing template based forecasts (with support from Analytics and the Senior Manager), creating internal and publisher facing presentations and ensuring there’s a strong feedback loop to drive continuous improvement
The successful candidate is data driven, extremely detail oriented with strong project management experience, who responds well in a fast-paced environment. Demonstrated mastery of verbal and written communication skills is also important, as s/he will lead communication with key stakeholders and leadership across a global organization.
- Develop forecasts for the PS Plus Monthly Games, deliver monthly performance reports for internal/external audiences and coordinate regular content performance review meetings
- Lead the planning, briefing and release of the monthly games for PS Plus and PS Now
- Manage the end-to-end contract process, ensuring accuracy and timeliness
- Raise and track POs whilst aligning against budget
- Campaign set-up and analysis including the regional execution of global commercial promotions (e.g. Holiday Sale) and leading the delivery of global content offers (e.g. Free in-game currency when you join PS Plus)
- Monitor competitor insights and how services content is being merchandised to identify opportunities and improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Business or equivalent
- 5+ years relevant professional experience delivering proven results in similar project management, business analysis and commercial management environments
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically, with a persistent attention to detail
- Ability to adapt quickly in a dynamic, changing, fast-paced environment
- As the role is global, ability to have a flexible approach to working hours to support global business operations
- Excellent data analysis and quantitative skills
- Ability to identify and cultivate key relationships both internally and externally
- Knowledge of digital gaming landscape, key players, and competitive offerings
- Knowledge of subscription business and metrics
- Advanced degree preferred
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.