Associate Community Manager
Big Viking Games
London ON CA
2 days ago
A Little About Us:
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. We are focused on making our mark by building awesome free-to-play mobile and social games.
We believe that each Viking is unique and brings exponential value to the company. In return, we provide Vikings with the opportunity to solve problems through continuous learning and fostering feedback, ultimately mastering their craft. By investing in our Vikings and in new technologies, we can continue our success for years to come.
The Nitty Gritty:
Big Viking Games is seeking a full-time Community Manager to provide support and advocate for the players. You will be the voice of the players as well as the company & will work closely with the rest of the production team to ensure they are aware of what is important to the players and fans. The Community Managercan be based out of Toronto or London Ontario, or another remote location in Canada.
- Providing top-notch support to the players in order to help resolve any support tickets
- Create content for blog posts, forum articles, newsletters, and other communication for social media channels
- Facilitate the planning of special events for players
- Work closely with Customer Support Representatives to ensure all customer requests are being addressed with a high level of customer satisfaction
- Work alongside the product, content and marketing teams to facilitate marketing strategies
- Managing game communities and answering customer support emails
- Working alongside the QA team to help squash player-reported bugs
- Gather and analyze data for community issues and events
- Supporting marketing campaigns through different forums
- Ensuring content on community sites is correct & frequent
- Acting as a liaison between the players and product owners
- Support Product Marketing initiatives, including helping with theme planning as required
The Must Haves:
- Excellent written communication skills both written and verbal, along with the ability to deliver information in an empathetic manner
- 2+ years providing exceptional community management and support to players.
- Strong desire to always give customers premium engagement experience
- Experience creating content for blog posts, forum articles, newsletters, and more (writing samples expected)
- Experience moderating forum discussion boards strongly preferred
- General technical proficiency & internet savvy
- Experience in an online gaming environment preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with mastery in multi-tasking
- Strong documentation skills
- Critical analysis /data analysis skills
- Previous experience in tech support and/or troubleshooting
- Event planning experience is an asset
- Salesforce experience an asset
- Post-secondary education or relevant work experience
- Passion for online games
- Competitive salaries, Group Retirement Savings Plan matching & participation in the Employee Stock Option Plan
- Comprehensive benefits package (health, dental, and vision), including generous time-off policies
- To ensure our employees’ safety, we are currently working remotely
Become a Viking:
Does the idea of working for a gaming company doing what you love every day sound exciting? Great, we’d love to hear from you! Send us your resume and cover letter.
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.