This job might no longer be available.
Associate Class/Combat Designer - World of Warcraft
12 days ago
Team Name:World of Warcraft
Job Title:Associate Class/Combat Designer - World of Warcraft
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and enthusiastic game designer for the World of Warcraft team. This position involves the design and implementation of systems content. The ideal candidate has a strong aptitude for critical thinking and investigation, boundless creativity, a strong visual aesthetic, and a passion and recognition for what makes World of Warcraft classes and combat interesting. The successful candidate will receive focused training for their first 90 days and work effectively beyond that.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Passion for playing and making games, and World of Warcraft in particular.
- Strong knowledge of classes in World of Warcraft, their abilities, traits, and themes.
- Creative thinker who enjoys finding fun solutions to design problems.
- Ability to break down what makes combat in World of Warcraft fun, accessible and engaging.
- Strong math and organizational skills.
- Able to work creatively in a technical environment.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to test their own work thoroughly.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- A positive attitude and is able to collaborate in a team environment across multiple disciplines.
- 1 year or more of game design experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience managing and/or mentoring others
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing a true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.