This job might no longer be available.
Associate Character Artist
Vancouver British Columbia Canada
8 months ago
Associate Character Artist (Temporary Full-time)
Artworks is a engaged content creation team within EA Studios. We are focused on high-end visual production across multiple genres and art styles. We have art departments based in Vancouver, Orlando, Guildford, Gothenburg, and Shanghai. Working with our game team partners we share a unified passion for creating amazing experiences, and industry-leading visuals. We are adventurous and creative. We are courageous and take chances and we are looking for pioneers to cut new paths. We look for the best in everyone.
What the Artworks Character Artist will do:
The character artist is an essential role in top-tier video game creation. In the context of our games, they will create the cast of characters that populate the game universe.
Our character artists are dynamic and efficient modelers with sculpting and texturing skills – able to create outstanding content with an imagination that is always in motion. We create amazing character models based on scan data or photo references.
Who You Are:
- Someone who understands the distinctive visual style and is mindful and passionate to push it to the next level.
- Experience in modeling and texturing objects using Maya, Zbrush and Photoshop is required.
- Experience working both with high and low-resolution resolution textures and low-polygon game meshes.
- Experience creating and populating hair cards.
- Knowledge of Physically-Based Rendering texture and material workflows.
- Knowledge of sculpting human anatomy, shape, light and form.
- Understand modeling game topology with rigging and animation in mind.
- Follow direction, learn the process and apply it and learn from mistakes.
- Understand form, shape, structure, and silhouette regarding modeling.
- Understand color, shades and detail in creating painted texture maps.
Someone who is willing to expand on their skills into other areas of 3D.
Only digital applications will be accepted such as a website, blog or online album. Physical media will not be accepted.
We also value:
- 3D Character work experience in film or games. Experience in commercial game engines such as Unreal or Unity is a plus.
- Skills in more than one discipline such as illustration, animation, VFX, rigging or technical art.
- Experience with stylized character work.
- Experience using cloth simulation.
- Experience with Substance Painter or Substance Designer.
- Love and passion for video games.
What's in it for you?
We realize it takes outstanding people to make excellent content, so we offer great compensation packages and a culture that is motivated by creativity and individuality.
More about our location: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/vancouver