This job might no longer be available.
Associate Character Artist - DICE
19 days ago
We are looking for an Associate Character Artist to help us build realistic characters, contributing to finding unique solutions for oWe are DICE, the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, best known for creating the phenomenally successfulur production techniques and maintaining budgets while always being focused on the highest quality execution. Reporting to the Lead Character Artist, you are a practical person, inspired not only by the games industry but as a subject matter expert in human anatomy and with a passion for the human form, costume and understanding of composition and biological construction. As a candidate, you are free to choose between on-site and hybrid working options.
Battlefield franchise, the Star Wars™: Battlefront franchise, and Mirror's Edge. Our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. That's why we're dedicated to providing everyone the chance to express themselves and be their very best as we all work towards a common cause.
Role and Responsibility of an Associate Character Artist:
- Create assets matching the quality and technical target of our benchmark assets for the project.
- Collaborate with leads and project managers to determine budget, personal scope, defining deadlines and prioritizing backlog content to avoid diminishing returns.
- Help evolve workflows and processes for character building while maintaining and adding documentation about best practices.
- Provide feedback and mentoring for less experienced artists both in-house and to external partners.
- Work with other artists, technical artists/animators, leads and project managers to meet project goals.
Skillset of a Character Artist:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Demonstrate skill in the technical and visual execution for creating high end characters while also possessing a broad and versatile skillset.
- Experienced in character art workflows such as photogrammetry, sculpting, texturing and cloth, referring to experts for specialist level knowledge.
- Capability in backlog management and scoping to deadlines and constraints.
- Demonstrate an ability to manage a class of assets, delegating work and setting priorities together with leads and project managers.
- Identify and break down complex problems, determining the approach based on dependencies and project needs.
- Verify visual and technical quality and make suggestions of improvements.
- Demonstrate your ability to provide feedback and guide lesser experienced artists well as external partners.
- Assemble and organize reference material for yourself and others.