20 days ago
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre-defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Our Wizards Supply Chain team is looking for an Associate Buyer to support our global product line!
The ideal candidate will have shown expertise in product buying and product management, internal and external communication, outstanding execution of projects from planning through delivery.
What You'll Do:
- Develop a deep understanding of our Magic the Gathering product portfolio!
- Partner with our product development teams to understand product builds, to develop a purchase strategy that will both meet our P&L targets and demand plan.
- Assist with purchase order creation to support regional sales worldwide.
- Work onsite in our Renton, WA office building collaborating with the operations team and other internal partners.
- Prepare and lead RFQ/RFP requests with new and existing vendors.
- Review bids and evaluate sourcing options to make purchase recommendations.
- Partner with the master planner to ensure vendor schedules meet release date requirements.
- Provide and/or present when needed purchasing related information for internal teams such as finance, engineering, QA, and logistics supply chain teams.
- Foster and maintain positive supplier relationships.
- Perform administrative duties such as: prepare pick-up plans, requisitions, bills of material, or cost accounting documentation.
- Work with the accounts payable team to resolve invoicing issues related to purchase orders.
What You'll Bring:
- You're a self-starter who takes initiative, solves complex challenges, and brings ideas to the table.
- 5+yrs professional experience, with two years as an associate buyer, buying for a global market from a global vendor base.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to drive projects forward: you provide clear and concise direction/feedback to vendors and internal partners.
- Strong project management abilities: capable of prioritizing and balancing multiple projects simultaneously, and within budget parameters.
- Well-developed verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Experience with a buying portfolio in the range of 100’s of unique items or more.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel.
Nice to Have:
- Print buying and SAP experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation range for this role. The range listed is just one component of Wizards of the Coast’s total compensation package for employees. Employees may also be eligible for annual and long-term incentives. In addition, Wizards of the Coast provides a variety of benefits to employees. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Product Discounts, and more.
$43,200 — $74,880 USD