Associate Business Strategy and Live Performance Director
11 days ago
The incumbent is responsible for working with the various departments in the team to maximize a game's financial performance, while respecting its identity and enhancing the experience. In collaboration with the Business Strategy and Live Performance Direction, they define and implement a strategy that will enable the game to meet or exceed expected targets in terms of financial results and longevity.
They also help advise the project management team (creative direction, marketing team and production team) in developing the business model and mechanics surrounding acquisition, retention and monetization.
What you'll do :
- Analyze and provide expertise on the optimal business model strategy and design choices to achieve the best results in terms of retention and monetization.
- Work with the project management team and the Business Strategy and Live Performance Direction to define the performance indicators and data analysis needed to improve the health of the game.
- Monitor the game's live performance daily and over the long term to identify problems or areas for optimization.
- Monitor the game's financial performance to suggest areas for improvement to maximize profitability.
- Contribute to the identification of initiatives to be implemented to improve performance in terms of acquisition, retention, and monetization and ensure that these initiatives keep pace with market developments and are integrated into the game's production iterations.
- Propose to the Business Strategy and Live Performance Direction possible changes to the business model and the game's economic design, based on market and competitor trends, and operationalize the chosen model.
- Work with the marketing team to establish and evolve the acquisition strategy based on the game's DNA and positioning.
- Stay abreast of trends to identify best practices and achieve optimal results, while innovating
- Support the Business Strategy and Live Performance Direction in supervising and coaching team members.
What you'll bring :
- 6-8 years' experience in monetization, administration, financial planning or digital operations or in a related field
- 2 years' experience in a management or leadership role
- Experience in data analysis
- Ability to influence change and bring it to fruition
- In-depth understanding of the video game industry
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to present complex information and adapt presentation to different audiences
- Ability to translate analytical results into actionable information to inform decision-making
- Collaborative, creative and innovative
- A deep understanding of the creative process
- Bilingualism is a plus
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your education, experience, and skills
Please note that if you need a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition team lead Alexis. As he learns more about you through your profile, get to know him through the video below.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission: enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, harnessing cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join us on our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.