Associate Business Analyst
12 days ago
The finance team at Kabam is looking for an Associate Business Analyst who will report to the Business Analyst - Strategy and Analytics. The Analyst will aid with the following tasks and processes associated with systems and the application of analytics within Kabam:
Controls, Audit and Risk Management
- Establish internal controls within overhead systems(systems used by Finance, Marketing and Data Science) for data accuracy and feasibility checks
- Researching, establishing and maintaining system integrations as required
- Support the Finance team with system audits
- Work with the Business Analyst to create forecasting models that serve as early indicators of potential anomalies in-game performance
- Support the FP&A team in creating multiple scenarios that quantify the financial impact of such potential anomalies
- Lead ongoing system and model maintenance for overhead systems
- Establish and document best practices for system use for different users: admins, power users, view-only users.
- Adaptive Insights: Working with the Vendor, build out new models and redesign existing models to reflect changing business needs
- Working with other departments to manage procedures and the flow of data between systems
- Work with multiple stakeholders to create self-serving dashboards within the CPM tool (Adaptive Insights) and Tableau
- Establish new and improving existing data pipelines between different systems used by finance, operations and marketing departments.
- Support Business Analyst and partner with the marketing and data science teams and conduct multiple hypothesis tests on live and to-be-launched games to shape an optimal advertising strategy across regions and platforms.
- CPM - Adaptive Planning, Hyperion or similar system experience preferred
- A university degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or Management Information Systems or experience in a related field
- 1-2+ years of forecasting/financial modelling experience
- Knowledge of using a visualization tool - Tableau, Sisense.
- Knowledge of R/Python
- System integration experience is an asset
- Data infrastructure management and data governance experience is an asset
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with the ability to affect and implement change
- Ability to effectively summarize complex information
- Excellent communication and writing skills
Nice to haves
- Accounting designation or MBA preferred
- Experience in accounting or finance, FP&A preferred
- Gaming, software or entertainment industry experience is an asset
- Google Big Query and knowledge of VBA
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and continue to entertain the world!
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.