Associate Brand Marketing Manager
10 days ago
Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Associate Brand Marketing Manager
The Associate Brand Marketing Manager assists in the execution of go-to-market plans for Pokémon brand focused campaigns and initiatives. This person will work closely with the Marketing Manager lead, in addition to a cross-functional marketing team and external agency partners to help carry out marketing plans, ensuring streamlined communication and flawless execution.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: No
What You’ll Do
- Partner with Product and Consumer Marketing, PR, Social Media, Events and Digital Marketing teams to execute integrated marketing campaigns to support brand focused initiatives, seasonal programming, and other brand marketing activations.
- Assist in the development of marketing plans and communication of key details to the extended marketing team and serve as campaign champion.
- Participate in the development of creative materials, campaign asset management, and marketing activations, including internal and external partner feedback loops and approvals.
- Maintain marketing calendars, ensuring milestones are up-to-date and communicated to key stakeholders.
- Prepare campaign performance reports, tracking against business and marketing key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Document decisions with meeting notes, following up on action items as required.
- Assist in the preparation of user research and surveys.
- Support in general coordination between local teams and international partners, both internal and external
- Stay current on marketing best practices, bringing new ideas and partners to the table that are rooted in consumer insights and industry trend
What You’ll Bring
- 2 to 3 years of experience as a marketing professional preferably with a global entertainment brand or consumer brand. Experience in marketing games, interactive entertainment, and mobile games and apps, is a bonus.
- Experience working on 360 marketing programs utilizing a paid-earned-owned framework.
- Experience working with agencies and external partners to execute marketing initiatives.
- Demonstrated program management skills to support the creation and implementation of hype, launch, and sustainment marketing activities, and the ability to problem-solve wherever needed.
- Interest in all things pop-culture and desire to seek out the latest digital trends
- While passion for the Pokémon brand is a plus it is not required, knowledge of and a willingness to learn more about the brand and industry is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree required
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.