1 day ago
d3t is at the cutting edge of technology and we deliver truly ground-breaking projects for our A-list clients. We offer work-for-hire software development services to the technology sector, adding value to games, business software or apps. And as a successful and growing business based in Runcorn Cheshire we are always interested in recruiting talented individuals. We offer an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment. Our anti-crunch mentality and mentoring ethos bring out the best in our team.
The Junior Technical Artist helps bridge the gap between the artists and programmers. Their responsibility is to learn and ensure the art content and features are easily created and integrated into the game, while respecting the artistic vision and technical constraints of the project.
- Create beautiful artwork following specified art direction
- Respond to art direction effectively, implement feedback promptly, learning and adopting new techniques all the time
- Ensure work meets all technical constraints, have an awareness of memory usage, optimisation and the impact of art on frame rate.
- Adhere to guidelines regarding naming conventions, texture layering structures, folders etc
- With a professional and organised approach, you stick to schedules, promptly feedback any concerns, update Jira and communicate progress
- Keep up to date with industry advancements and technologies and share knowledge with the art team
- Strong artistic ability and attention to detail
- Good knowledge of composition, colour and PBR
- Solid working knowledge of Maya/Max, Z-Brush, Photoshop and Substance suite
- Some understanding of various other tools and software used in development
- Experience of using current game editors such as UE4 or Unity 4
- Good communication and organisation skills and confident working within a multidisciplinary art team
- Practical and methodical approach to both technical and creative problem-solving
- Demonstrate dependability and commitment to projects and tasks
- Flexible and calm approach with the ability to adapt with change
- Ability to deliver quality work within fixed time constraints
- Passion for staying up to date with latest technology and embracing new game art techniques
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 22 days holiday (+ 3 extra at Christmas + bank holidays)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme & Eye Care Scheme
- Anti-crunch ethos – an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment!
- Income Protection
- Employee Share Scheme
- Annual Bonus – be rewarded for great teamwork!
- Free Parking
- Monthly Fitness Sessions
- Complimentary Refreshments – an extensive range to suit all dietary preferences
- Company Socials, Project Launch/Wrap Parties + Annual d3t Events
- Breakout Areas – filled with perks such as games, snacks etc.
- Assistance and support with re-location to the area.