Associate Art Producer
21 days ago
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Yoga & Wellness Activities
We are currently looking for an awesome Associate Producer to join our Art Department! You’ll be responsible for supporting the Studio Art Director, team leads and production staff to help keep our art team and stakeholders on track and informed.
The ideal candidate is a self starter who loves to solve problems. They’re a natural organizer with an impeccable attention to detail as well as a good-natured team player who is a clear and effective communicator.
- Assist in managing the long term art road-map as well as managing day-to-day tasks and schedules for the studio art department.
- This includes:
- Supporting team leads as needed in building out long term schedules and roadmaps while keeping the art team informed of updates or changes.
- Creating tasks in both Jira and Basecamp then working with the Art Director and production staff to track, prioritize and assign.
- Facilitate review and approval of completed tasks.
- Identify and communicate roadblocks and bottlenecks that may prevent the team from achieving their goals.
- Help make informed decisions in conjunction with team leads on work methods, development pipeline, priorities, and available resources.
- Assist with tool and equipment requests as well as new hire setup.
- Provide progress updates to senior leadership.
- Support partner teams (marketing, publishing, etc) with asset requests.
- Be the point person for miscellaneous art related tasks or requests (both internal and external).
- Ability to balance project demands with creative essentials.
- You demand quality, creativity and fun while still managing project resources and timelines.
- Working knowledge of production tools: JIRA, Confluence, Google Documents, Basecamp.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to juggle multiple responsibilities.
- Comfortable with independently identifying, assessing and solving problems quickly.
- Ability to acclimate quickly to a rapidly shifting, fast-paced creative environment.
- Fundamental understanding of game design principles and terminology common throughout the mobile landscape.
- Not afraid to get “in the trenches” and be hands on while fostering a positive & creative environment.
NICE TO HAVES
- Familiarity with or a background in an art discipline.
- Familiarity with Photoshop.
- Project Management Professional and/or Scrum Master certification.
- Familiar with platform dev tools: iTunes Connect, Google Play Store, etc.
- You've contributed to shipping games previously, particularly on a mobile platform.
- Worked in other roles (artist, designer, engineer, etc) in the game development field.
- Social, online and/or iPhone/Android production experience.
- Have good knowledge of games/pop culture and the games industry in general.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.