This job might no longer be available.
Associate Art Manager - World of Warcraft
6 months ago
Team Name:World of Warcraft
Job Title:Associate Art Manager - World of Warcraft
The World of Warcraft art team is a high functioning team of some of the most talented artists in the video game industry. This opening is for an art manager that will work one on one with the artists on the World of Warcraft team to help promote their individual growth and success.
You will apply your leadership background and knowledge to help improve the day-to-day life of the art team. You are someone who can help an artist define and clarify their individual professional goals. Your time will be dedicated to helping both the artist and the team achieve the best possible outcome from our collective efforts. The ideal candidate will have a background as a creator and leader in video game art. Anyone with a master’s degree in leadership or equivalent experience with creative teams will also be considered.
You will report to the current art manager, and partner with them to establish key duties and responsibilities.
DAY TO DAY TASKS
- Work to improve the work-life for artists
- Provide 1:1 coaching with individual artists to ensure career goals, team alignment, and team health are maintained
- Help develop and make clear paths for artists’ career development and facilitate performance reviews for the team
- Partner with the other art manager and work alongside the art director, lead art producer, and HR manager
- Set the team up to realize the vision of the art director and art leads
- Be a consistent, steady voice in decisions that help achieve both short-term and long-term goals of the art team
- Partner with the production department, art leads, and recruiting with regards to staffing and hiring
- Experience in team leadership as a video game artist or master’s degree in leadership
- High level of emotional intelligence and tact
- Takes initiative to solve problems with excellent follow-through
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and effective communicator
- Always stay focused and calm
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.