Associate Art Director
Palo Alto, CA
15 days ago
Build the future of mobile games with MZ!
As a global leader in mobile gaming, we’re dedicated to developing games the world can’t wait to experience. Games like Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire, Mobile Strike, and Game of War: Fire Age.
We build massive mobile games that break down linguistic and geographic barriers by uniting an unprecedented number of global players in one gaming world. Our team pushes the boundaries of innovation in a player-driven ecosystem.
As a studio, we are masters of our own destiny, untethered by the traditional publisher model. Every update and feature creates amazing experiences for millions of players!
At MZ, we build massive mobile games that break down linguistic and geographic barriers by uniting an unprecedented number of global players in one gaming world. We empower our game developers to push the boundaries of innovation in a player-driven ecosystem. Untethered by the traditional publisher model, and backed by endless resources, every update and feature creates amazing experiences for millions of players.
MZ is seeking an Associate Art Director who has phenomenal communication skills, proven experience in creative direction and a stellar track record in shipping games. The Associate Art Director will run daily reviews with the artists, giving clear constructive and inspirational feedback to produce stunning artwork for our games.
Experience driving and communicating a clear vision in a highly-collaborative environment, managing and mentoring creatives, and being a true partner to Engineering and Production is essential.
MZ offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
What you'll be doing:
- Work closely with the game development team to ensure art supports and enhances the game fiction and narrative
- Review, direct and provide positive constructive feedback to a variety of game art disciplines including: environments, characters, VFX, lighting, sound and animation
- Define art direction process and establish art vision for our games using data driven approach
- Collaborate with production, engineering and other disciplines to ensure a collaborative, efficient approach to the development of the game
Your background and who you are:
- 8-10 years as an artist, specifically 3-4 years working as a lead artist in games
- Expert in 2D or 3D art production
- Ability to empathize with user experience through deep engagement with the product
- Ability to generate top-notch art and design in a variety of styles and a portfolio of work demonstrating the same
- Experience managing and motivating a team of artists (both internal and external)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Shipped multiple AAA products as a Lead Artist or Associate Art Director
- Experience with JIRA, Perforce and other Project Management Tools
Required application material:
- Link(s) to your Portfolio
MZ is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.