Associate Art Director – World of Warcraft
2 months ago
Team Name:World of Warcraft
Job Title:Associate Art Director – World of Warcraft
Reporting to the Art Director, the Associate Art Director will be their key partner in the execution of World of Warcraft’s art. The role requires you to ignite others both as a leader and as an Artist. Specialization and mastery in at least one area of video game art creation (environment, character, animation, FX, concept art/visual development, etc.) is required. As a leader you are a motivational catalyst for the art team. As an Artist, you will help define the look and quality of the WoW style. In addition to channeling the visual direction of our Art Director to the art team, the role will act as one of the key communication conduits for design, engineering, and productions.
DAY TO DAY TASKS
- Work with Art Director to drive the artistic development of WoW
- Create concept paintings and other benchmark assets that set the bar and inspire others
- Creatively solve visual problems in collaboration with the broader game team including other Directors, Art Leads, and Artists.
- Take creative ownership over projects from concept to completion
- Present ideas and concepts to Directors and stakeholders and incorporate feedback when needed.
- Partner with the Art Director and Art Leads to ensure consistency of quality and vision for the art of World of Warcraft.
- Partner with the production team to ensure schedules and plans meet project and business needs.
- Partner with Art Manager to ensure team is healthy and growing artistically.
- 10+ years’ experience crafting video game art
- You have proven yourself in a leadership capacity as a Lead Artist, Supervisor, or Art Director on at least one shipped AAA game
- Genuinely enjoys working with others.
- Takes initiative to solve problems with excellent follow through
- Thrives in a collaborative work culture
- Experience working with an Art Director to develop a unique and cohesive visual style
- Works closely with game design to ensure art enhances the player experience
- Ability to explore a wide variety of ideas that push the WoW style
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.