This job might no longer be available.
Associate Art Director - EA Sports FC
27 days ago
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment – connecting hundreds of millions around the world to the sports they love through a portfolio of industry-leading video games.
After nearly 30 years of creating genre-defining, interactive football experiences with the world’s biggest football entertainment platform, EA SPORTS FIFA, we are soon beginning an exciting new era. EA SPORTS FC will become the future of football from EA SPORTS – as we strive to take global football experiences to new heights, on behalf of football fans everywhere.
With more opportunity than ever to innovate and create new, authentic experiences that bring joy, inclusivity, and immersion to a global community of fans, we invite you to join us and pioneer the future of football with EA SPORTS!
The Associate Art Director oversees the artistic direction and visual aspects of game development. They work with the Art Director and creative team to develop the game's visual style. This includes collaborating with concept artists on character design, environments, and props and establishing overall art direction and visual guidelines. The Associate Art Director works with other departments to provide a cohesive and visually stunning user experience. They have the opportunity to mentor the art team, manage the art production pipeline, and ensure deadlines are met.
- Work with the Art Director to create visual targets and maintain the look and feel of the game. Help develop the artistic vision and maintain the visual integrity throughout the project, ensuring consistency and quality.
- Guide collaboration within the Art team across feature groups and cross-disciplines to ensure Art, Narrative, Design, and Engineering support each other
- Create artistic documentation for teams and help develop concept art and gathering reference materials, ensuring artists have clear benchmarks and concepts for asset creation.
- Provide and receive feedback, share suggestions, set benchmarks, and find a balance between artistic vision and technical limitations.
- Collaborate with Producers and Project Managers to maintain scheduling and discuss project concerns.
- Inform the Art Director of project progression to ensure the accurate assessment of deliverables.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 6+ years of experience in a similar capacity with at least three AAA credited titles for PC and Console.
- Experience leading teams and managing personnel issues.
- Experience with character, prop, environment, and animation creation; and can demonstrate/direct how these visuals serve the project's gameplay, narrative, and design.
- An understanding of game development software and techniques (e.g., Photoshop, Maya, Substance).
- Foundational art skills and an excellent understanding of shape and form, motion and timing, composition, and color theory.
- An eye for craftsmanship
- Bring out the best work in other artists.