Associate Animator, Outsourcing – Overwatch 2
10 days ago
Job Title:Associate Animator, Outsourcing – Overwatch 2
Associate Animator, Outsourcing – Overwatch 2
Our Animation department is looking for a highly motivated Associate Animator with technical skills to help the Outsource group as we expand the scope of the Franchise on Overwatch 2.
This role’s primary focus is the game engine implementation of animation content being produced by our external third-party vendors. It’s a great opportunity to learn how a diverse set of animators approach their craft while also working with them to improve process, workflows, and tool sets. With this position, you will get also get a front row seat to the exciting challenge of adding new content to the world of Overwatch, working side by side with industry leading talent across many diverse disciplines. You will be part of a close-knit, collaborative community of artists, engineers, and designers whose sole goal is to make a truly great game experience for our amazing community of players and fans from around the world. If you’re ready to tackle the challenge of helping realize the evolution of the Overwatch universe, we want to hear from you!
- Implementation of 3rd party vendor assets in game engine, including troubleshooting, animation polish, and bugs when necessary.
- Develop, create, clean-up and maintain real time game animations
- Work with lead and senior animators to ensure timely completion of animation assets at the desired quality bar.
- Serve as an active participant in team art discussions, critiques, and reviews
- You must have previous experience and proficiency with current commercial game editors such as Unity/Unreal. You should be able to demonstrate that you know how to implement animation into a game engine.
- Skill in animating the human bipedal figure as well as other organic forms using Maya or equivalent 3D software packages.
- Strong understanding of traditional animation principles and how they can be used to enhance gameplay
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Able to work creatively as part of a large or small group
- Understanding of the visual style of Blizzard games
- A passion for video games
- Industry experience in animation and game development in some capacity.
- Have shipped an AAA PC or console title as a character animator or animation implementor
- Skill in one of more related disciplines – illustration, modeling, rigging or technical art
- Portfolio and / or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album).
- Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $24.04 - $44.47 Hourly. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.