Associate Animation Programmer
14 days ago
Job Title:Associate Animation Programmer
Activision Central Tech works to support our development studios and their titles. Comprising seven main teams, we have many specialties including big data, privacy and security, motion capture and animation pipeline technologies, graphics, build and infrastructure for studio development and data centers, optimization, systems programming and online services including matchmaking and networking. Central Tech is distributed globally with offices across the U.S., and in Canada, England, Ireland and Japan.
Most of our teams are composed of both engineering and research talent, allowing us to always have an eye on the future. Our talented engineers help with title development and provide valuable knowledge sharing between studios while our researchers are action-oriented and keep a strong connection with the needs of the game studios.
Central Tech is part of Activision. To learn more about us and our research, please visit us at https://research.activision.com/.
Work location is flexible; working from our offices in Warrington, Manchester or other parts of the UK.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Work with gameplay and AI teams to integrate and maintain new animation features.
- Maintain and support low-level animation runtime and asset pipeline.
- Develop new tools and debug visualizations for improving workflows.
- Optimize code for high performance across multiple platforms.
- Opportunities for R&D in the future (as experience gained).
- 1+ years of industry experience
- Relevant C++ programming skills
- Experience working as part of a team in a large codebase.
- Sound grasp of optimization fundamentals.
- Confidence with 3D maths: vectors, matrices, quaternions, coordinate space transforms.
- Enthusiastic about working on/learning about animation technology.
- Good eye for detail, enjoys making things look good!
- Good communication skills, ability to communicate effectively across engineering and animation/art teams.
- Experience working with game animation systems at any level.
- Cross-platform development experience.
- Worked on AAA title(s).
- Interests in relevant topics such as physically based animation, inverse kinematics, data compression.
- Working knowledge of SIMD and multi-threading.
- Familiarity with DCC tools and plugin development (Maya).
- Any graphics/rendering experience would be a bonus.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.