Associate Animation Director - Animation - Dark Horror
10 days ago
Founded in 2012 by a group of creative and management veterans with years of industry experience, Firesprite is a visionary game development studio based in the heart of Liverpool’s vibrant game development hub with over 200 team members.
Creating a number of showcase games for PlayStation console and peripheral launches over the years, Firesprite’s core focus is developing innovative and memorable experiences for players on cutting edge gaming hardware. At Firesprite, the end player experience always comes first and the team is passionate about how to best combine the disciplines of design, art and code to deliver games that surprise and delight.
A visionary game development studio founded in 2012, Firesprite builds innovative showcase titles for PlayStation platforms as part of the PlayStation Studios family.
Would you enjoy the freedom to create AAA games working from anywhere in the UK, including our Liverpool studio?
We are looking for an Associate Cinematic & Animation Director who will work in collaboration with our Cinematic & Animation Director on a dark, story-driven horror blockbuster with genre defining goals.
This highly ambitious project takes atmosphere, storytelling, player agency and narrative firmly into ground-breaking territory with a heavy focus on art, animation, audio and delivering unique character performances to heighten player presence and immersion to new levels.
This is a unique opportunity to bring animation and cinematic sensibilities together within one role.
- Work closely with the Cinematic and Animation Director, and other discipline directors to support, contribute to and drive the creative and artistic vision for this project.
- Share responsibility at Director level for all aspects of in-game and cutscene animation and set the quality standards.
- Identify shortfalls in skills and support ongoing recruitment efforts to grow the Animation team.
- Support career development of senior creative staff on your project.
- Develop a positive and energetic team culture.
- Bring your own experience of best working practices to the team.
- Proven experience as a Lead Animator / Lead Cinematic Animator on several shipped PC or console titles, or on at least one as Animation or Cinematic Director.
- Experience with motion capture pipelines, a deep understanding of them and the ability to make the right strategic decisions to enable rapid production at quality.
- A strong cinematic background, with a deep understanding of cinematic craft and tools
- An expert knowledge of the animation process and fundamentals
- Previous experience with Unreal Engine or a propriety engine
- Familiar with one or more types of Animation software (Maya, MotionBuilder, etc.)
- Have an understanding of motion capture and animation rigs in a production context.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Firesprite is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, with a commitment to a culture of inclusion and mutual respect for all employees from every walk of life, reflecting the community we make games for. We welcome and encourage applications from all suitable applicants regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.