Associate Animation Asset Specialist
20 days ago
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Leeds is on the lookout for talented Associate Animation Asset Specialists who possess a passion for games with a particular interest in animation. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Leeds.
WHAT WE DO
- We assist the global animation team in delivering open-world gameplay mechanics and cinematic sequences.
- We prepare, maintain, and validate animation assets to ensure suitability for animators across our global animation team.
- We coordinate the asset requirements for performance capture sessions and provide support during those sessions.
- We support the performance capture post-production process and ensure assets are ready for downstream departments including Camera, Animation and Lighting teams.
- We work collaboratively with a variety of development teams across the company to help shepherd assets through our in-game and cinematic animation pipelines.
- Work with the wider animation team to ensure their asset requirements are known and met.
- Facilitate requests from different teams into actionable ideas and plans.
- Evaluate, edit, and prepare animation assets in 3ds Max and Motionbuilder to ensure consistency, suitability, and usability for our global animation team and performance capture pre-production.
- Provide support for performance capture shoot sessions.
- Export animation asset data into our game engine.
- Troubleshoot, debug, and report animation issues to relevant departments.
- Configure, maintain, and optimize animation scene files for the animation software package and game engine.
- Preferred degree with an emphasis in 3D Art or Animation or equivalent work experience.
- Positive, solution-orientated individual with a passion for game development.
- Driven individual who completes high quality work with relative autonomy.
- High level of organization with the ability to keep track of a large number of animation assets.
- Excellent problem-solving ability and attention to detail.
- Ability to grasp new programs and systems quickly.
- Strong communication and time-management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Deep rooted interest in video games.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Animation experience preferable.
- Knowledge of commercial game engines such as Unity or Unreal Engine.
- An understanding of export processes to a game engine.
- Experience with Motionbuilder / 3ds Max / Maya.
- Experience working with motion capture data.
- Practical knowledge of programming languages (Python, C#, C++, etc.)
- Quality Assurance experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, race, or any other protected category.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.