18 days ago
Relic Entertainment is a wholly owned studio of SEGA. We are an award-winning developer of genre-defining games like Homeworld, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, and Age of Empires. We have delivered rich, thoughtful strategy games throughout our history and our vision is to continue making games that people love to play.
As a member of our Finance team, you’ll get to experience the unique environment of a subsidiary in a global network. This will include supporting daily activities such as the creation and maintenance of accurate records, reconciliations, and A/P entries, as well as learning and growing your skills in a creative and supportive environment.
As our Associate Accountant you will…
- Receive, process, and perform accurate data entry on all invoices
- Ensure invoices have accurate coding and approvals before processing into the accounting system
- Assist with weekly cheque runs and EFT payments
- Act as a front-line dispatcher to handle vendor inquiries and requests professionally, both through email and telephone
- Manage corporate credit cards to ensure on-time payments and proper month-end reconciliations
- Help manage accounts payable, expense report payment cycles, payroll processing, PST self-assessments, forecasting, asset management, GST, and other tax filing as needed
- Prepare monthly consolidation and reporting packages
- Complete monthly reconciliations of the Balance Sheet and Income Statement
- Support Finance Team with projects as needed
You are a great fit if you have …
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration, working towards a CPA designation, or commiserate experience (1-3 years' experience with full cycle accounting)
- Analytical skills: you can identify problems and recommend solutions, you are able to research options, consider risks, and suggest informed courses of action
- Communication skills: you understand written and verbal instructions, and are able to discuss your findings during presentations
- Computer skills: you have a solid grasp of Excel, Word, database and file management programs
- The ability to juggle multiple priorities, ask questions, and work both independently and as a team member
- The desire to learn and grow with us
It’s a bonus if you have…
- Worked with NetSuite or an equivalent ERP accounting system
- A love for games or an interest in the tech and/or gaming industry
Are you game? We’d like to hear from you!
Please apply through our careers page (www.relic.com) and we will be in touch shortly to let you know about next steps.
This is Relic
We have a culture of kindness, transparency, and play. There is a lot of heart and passion at this studio – we get to work on projects we’re proud of and we work hard to be the best at what we do. We are curious, we strive for excellence, we build on each other’s ideas, and we celebrate each other’s great work. Relicans organize movie nights, game tournaments, life drawing, community and charity events, and more. Basically, we believe that good work starts with a community you’re excited to spend your day with, both in and out of the studio.
Relic benefits include an extended benefits package, RRSP/DPSP matching program (subject to eligibility requirements), local discounts to gyms and restaurants in the area, and regular studio and community events. For designated roles, relocation and immigration assistance may be available. You will also become part of the SEGA family (in addition to Relic, this includes Creative Assembly
, Sports Interactive
, HARDlight Studio
, and Amplitude Studios
), which gives us access to the resources to enable us to build on our legacy of innovation.