Assistant Technical Producer
14 days ago
Two simple questions:
- Do you thrive in organising multiple projects & deadlines?
2. Are you excited about creating and implementing new structures and processes for teams and projects?
If you have answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, read on my friend!
Rebellion is a leading developer and publisher of games, and is also one of Europe’s biggest independent studios operating across books, comics, TV and film. Our Sniper Elite series is renowned for its authentic stealth and sniping gameplay with more than 35 million players worldwide. The Zombie Army franchise is a spine-chilling zombie shooter, and the soon-to-be released Evil Genius 2 is a satirical spy-fi lair builder where YOU are the criminal mastermind!
And those are just the projects you know about – there are loads more!
We are looking for someone like you to become our all-new Assistant Technical Producer and join our passionate and talented Programming team, where we are building on the years of success that Rebellion has enjoyed.
Assistant Technical Producer role:
The Assistant Technical Producer is a new role dedicated to organising multiple deadlines and projects and implementing new structures and processes. You will establish systems for planning & reporting and work in close collaboration with Leads to achieve goals in time and quality. As part of the Programming team, you will play a key role in Identifying risks, issues and planning for mitigation in order to reduce impact on the content, schedule and/or quality.
This role would suit someone with excellent project management skills and exposure to Jira.
The Rebellion Programming team delivers code for multiple high end projects with a focus on optimising code and delivery outcomes.
- Successfully achieving multiple project milestones
- Building strong internal relationships
- Organizing and optimising the workflow to ensure a simpler and clearer coordination
- Planning, scheduling and ensuring the delivery on time, with the required quality
- Identifying risks, issues and planning for mitigation in order to reduce impact on the content, schedule and/or quality
- Tracking the teams’ progress and initiating contingency plans if necessary
- Ensuring proper bug management (reports, priorities, etc.)
- Leading and managing senior staff members and helping them develop a culture of feedback and constant improvement
- Building successful partnerships across the organization
We are actively recruiting for a diverse team and continue to develop a culture of growth and inclusion. Rebellion encourages innovation in all areas and we look forward to hearing how you can help us to be better. We would like to invite all demographics of culture, gender, ethnicity, neuro-diversity and beyond because we believe a representative team makes better games and provides a better working life.
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Extensive knowledge of project management methods
- Good knowledge and understanding of system integration and version control
- Experience with software defect tracking methods
- Experience with JIRA & Confluence
- Basic knowledge of C++ / C#
- Experience of Agile
- Excellent understanding of general software development practices
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong conflicts resolution skills
- Attention to detail
- Holiday: 26 holiday days annually, increasing with service to 31 days, plus national public holidays
- Private Medical Insurance: Our PMI scheme offers comprehensive cover to access private medical treatment, taking the stress and strain out of waiting for treatments via the NHS
- Pension Contribution: Tax efficient salary sacrifice contributory pension scheme where Rebellion matches 4% of salary, plus 10% of any contribution you make
- Healthcare Cash Plan: Cash-back on treatment costs, from flu jabs to chiropractors
- Dental & Vision: Cash-back on routine or emergency costs, free eye tests
- Income Protection: Financial help if unable to work due to illness or injury
- Critical Illness: Financial help if diagnosed with critical illness
- Life Assurance: Financial security for your loved ones at a difficult time
- EAP: Wellbeing hub, including confidential telephone support and counselling
- Active Rewards: Earn discounts and other perks for physical activity, from trainers to cinema tickets
- Gym Membership: Discounts to over 3,000 participating UK gyms, pools & fitness events
- Loans: Interest free, tax-free loans
- Relocation: Assistance with relocation planning and costs
- Cycling Cycle Scheme: Save around 30% of the cost of a new bike and equipment though salary sacrifice tax & NI savings, spread repayments over 12 months
- Discounts: 50% off most 2000 AD merchandise, plus Active Rewards and more through health schemes, from high street retail to holidays
- Referral Bonus: Up to £2k bonus for internal staff referrals that lead to hires
- Flexible Hours: Flexible start and finish times
- Great Friendly Culture: Friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance (anti-crunch)
- Social & Charity Events: Annual Summer BBQ & Christmas Party, social groups such as photography and board games, charity events including football, go-karting and supporting Special Effect
- Digital Freebies: GDC Vault access, all Rebellion Steam titles, digital copies of 2000 AD and Rebellion Publishing comics, graphic novels and ebooks, physical game and film libraries