Assistant Production Manager
Vancouver British Columbia Canada
20 days ago
Tangent Animation is the vision of Animation and Film Production industry professionals, with combined experience that encompasses CG Animation, Live Action Film Production, Visual Effects, and Software Development. Tangent Animation employs open source solutions to create high quality animated feature films. What sets us apart from other studios is our use of Blender, an open source software to make our animated films. We are scouting for the best talent and enthusiastic people who are eager to join our amazing team!
Manage the day-to-day operations of the animation department including crew scheduling, department scheduling and tracking. Also responsible for ensuring that the projected parameters for production goals, quotas and schedule are met and/or reset as required. The Assistant Production Manager may also manage department Production Coordinators and work with Creative Leads to maintain the proper allocation of resources within the department.
- Work with Producer/Production Manager using budgeted assumptions and breakdowns and create a detailed departmental schedule
- Manage assigned department to ensure resources are on target
- Create and analyze production and status reports in conjunction with the Producer/Production Manager
- Provide Producer/Production Manager with activity reports on a weekly basis
- Update and modify schedules as required throughout production. Communicate changes to all applicable people.
- Identify schedule variances and monitor changes incurred from approved production plan; recommend corrective action as necessary
- Oversee the tracking of art work and weekly targets
- Ensure that the file management and/or tracking system is being used properly. Check all data for accuracy and to ensure the project is on track
- Ensure artists are tracking their output and addressing their notes correctly
- Make recommendations for improvements to production and pipeline systems, particularly with-respect-to scheduling, flow of information, milestone realization, and resource management
- Help to achieve and balance creative and operational goals of the project
- Identify production issues and proactively loopback this information to the production team
- Provide a forum, guidance, and direction for crew members who communicate production / work related issues, promoting an open-door policy between, staff, departments and Production Management personnel
- Perform other various duties as assigned by the Producer/Production Manager, including but not limited to note-taking and distribution of notes
- Proven ability in managing projects from concept to completion. Able to prioritize appropriately and always meet deadlines.
- Excellent teamwork
- ability to assemble and motivate teams and work effectively with others.
- Strong written & verbal communication
- ability to interact with and integrate requests of directors; good at following directions.
- Organization - demonstrated organizational skills, including a strong attention to detail.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Experience in 3D animation production.
- Experience with Shotgun or other data tracking software is a must
- Minimum 3 years experience in Production Management.
- Proficient in MS office suites including Excel and Word.
- Great company culture, with a team that is very technically proficient, highly motivated & excited to work on projects that will change the industry
- Competitive health and dental benefits
- Casual dress-code
Tangent Animation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.