5 days ago
Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
Who We Are:
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming devices and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets. 2K is a leading publisher of today‚Äôs most popular gaming genres and most well-known for critically acclaimed game franchises like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Bioshock, Borderlands, Evolve, XCOM and the beloved Sid Meier‚Äôs Civilization.
What We Need:
The Production team at 2K is looking for an Associate Producer that will develop assigned segments of software products or for entire software products, from concept to release and for potentially leading the production efforts on smaller projects under the supervision of a 2K Producer or Senior Producer.
What You Will Do:
- Assist multiple projects simultaneously at different stages of development from concept to completion
- Assist Producers with supervising and managing internal and/or external resources to meet production schedules and maintain a coherent creative vision throughout the entire development life cycle
- Work closely with Producers to develop product budgets and schedules
- Assist with ensuring adherence to project schedules and budgets
- Assist Producers in the direction of large, strategic products
- Assist the Producers with managing the testing process with internal QA teams
- Assist with coordinating game release process with internal groups
- Collect, organize and manage material sets for distribution to various internal and external parties
- Coordinate and assist with marketing, sales, focus testing, outsourcing and other external parties
- Travel, both domestic and international, will be required
- Direct management of Production Assistant(s) may be required
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit:
- Bachelor‚Äôs degree preferred
- 2+ years experience in internal or external game development
- Previous experience in project management and production
- Experience with AAA titles preferred
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with first person shooters a plus
- Ability to collaborate with all levels of the organization
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), time and project management skills
- Familiarity with the gaming market and industry trends, as they relate to game development and market¬†research
- Adept at the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to conduct themselves in a professional manner with all co-workers
- Must display resourcefulness, passion, and self-motivation
- Quick learner, able to pick up new tools and technologies and learn new processes quickly while pro-actively seeking out training as needed
- Flexibility to take on additional responsibilities, as assigned by senior management
- Strong problem solving skills
- Adept at building relationships throughout the organization
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.