This job might no longer be available.
Assistant Lead Unreal Engine Developer
8 days ago
In this position you will be assisting to manage and coordinate the C++ Programmers and Blueprint Scripters at Epoch Games. You will be working alongside our Lead Unreal Engine C++ Programmer (who oversees the Coding Department, which include C++ Programmers and Blueprint Scripters). You must be able to spare a fair amount of hours to be online to communicate with the Coding Team on a regular basis. Keep in mind that The Lays of Althas: Sundered Order (LoA:SO) is being developed in Epic Game’s Unreal Engine 4 (UE4); strong knowledge of C++ Programming (and how C++ code interacts with UE4) and/or Unreal Engine Blueprint Scripting knowledge is required .
The ability to communicate and organize other Coders is another key skill required in this position. It is key to a smooth and efficient pipeline, you must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with other team-members outside of the department, such as our Artists, Animators, Riggers, Level Designers and Writers. We are an English-speaking team, so English fluency is a must.
Other duties include: attending Slack meetings (Slack is an instant messaging we communicate with), reporting the progress of the Programming team on a weekly basis and following team policies.
Minimum Skill Requirements:
- Either C++ programming experience in Unreal Engine 4 and/or strong Blueprint scripting experience in Unreal Engine
- Providing clear and legible code
- The ability to review other C++ Programmers' code and/or Blueprint Scripters' scripts
- Managing and organizing other Coders, and a fair amount of spare-time in order to manage and communicate with them.
- Online communication, team-collaboration skills, and English fluency
- A passion for coding and a dedication to creating AAA quality games
Recommended Skill Requirements:
- At least 1 Unreal Engine project (using C++ code and/or Blueprint scripts) prepared to show prior to the interview. If none, we can provide an assignment before or at the interview.
- Unreal Engine 4 ( https://www.unrealengine.com/register )
- Eclipse IDE for C++ ( https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/release/2019-12/r/eclipse-ide-cc-developers ), Visual Studio Community Edition ( https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/downloads/ ) or any other kind of C++ IDE
Epoch Games is a volunteer-based, all-online, global game development team. We have no centrally-located headquarters and are unincorporated at this time. Most of the original founding members were modders developing the total conversion Middle Earth Roleplaying Project (MERP) mod for the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim:
Currently Epoch Games is developing The Lays of Althas: Sundered Order (LoA:SO). LoA:SO is an in-development indie open-world RPG set in an original fantasy world. The game is being developed using Epic Games' Unreal Engine 4 (UE4):
For more information about the game, please check out our IndieDb page:
NOTE: The address listed is N/A. We are a fully-online team with no central headquarters at this time. Communication is mostly done via Slack (an instant messaging application) and Trello (an online project collaboration tool).