Assistant Lead Content Designer - World of Warcraft
3 months ago
Team Name:World of Warcraft
Job Title:Assistant Lead Content Designer - World of Warcraft
As an Assistant Lead Content Designer on the World of Warcraft team, you will be equal parts creator and mentor. This is a player-coach position where you are excited to both build excellent sandbox content and systems, and to provide direction for the execution of major content and features. As a leader you will help designers on the team grow their skills and careers, provide feedback and guidance to ensure our content meets the world class quality bar for our sandbox experiences, and lead by example with your own creations. We value diverse voices and varied backgrounds, and we're looking for individuals to help us build fun, compelling, and inclusive gameplay experiences for World of Warcraft.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer competitive benefits and strive for a healthy work / life balance. We work hard to foster a deeply collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything, and we are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences… ever. Join us!
What you will do…
- Maintain a 1,000-foot view of all content going into a release, making sure the connective tissue between content, features, and systems is well planned and delivered.
- Contribute to the long-term vision of the game’s sandbox experience.
- Communicate and coordinate goals, tasking, and approvals between the various world teams.
- Provide constructive feedback for your team and help them achieve their design goals.
- On-board and mentor team members through creating and iterating designs.
- Work with production and other leads to manage the team’s schedule.
- Collaborate with WoW’s other disciplines to build high quality sandbox experiences while integrating their teams’ goals with your own.
- Partner with QA and production to plan, implement, document, and test features.
- Champion work / life balance for your team.
- Promote, contribute to, and participate in our culture of inclusion and diversity.
To succeed you must have…
- Extensive content creation experience. You’ve been responsible for designing significant chunks of game content from concept to completion.
- A strong desire to succeed through others by understanding their needs, advocating on their behalf, and providing support and guidance as required.
- Familiarity with World of Warcraft outdoor content.
- The ability to consider feedback from multiple conflicting viewpoints and provide design guidelines for teammates to make the best overall decision.
- Experience providing direction in the development of major features.
- Experience managing and/or mentoring others.
- The ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal format.
- Cover Letter, which should include a bit about you, why you are interested in working on World of Warcraft, and some games you are currently playing. Cover letters are not required but are strongly encouraged.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $97,200.00 - $179,900.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.