This job might no longer be available.
Assistant Lead Combat Designer, Class Design - World of Warcraft
9 days ago
Team Name:World of Warcraft
Job Title:Assistant Lead Combat Designer, Class Design - World of Warcraft
As an Assistant Lead Combat Designer on the World of Warcraft team, you will be equal parts creator and mentor. You are excited to both create excellent class abilities, and to provide direction for the creation of major systems and features. As a leader you will help designers on the team grow their skills and careers, provide feedback and mentorship to ensure our content meets the high quality bar for our class experiences, and lead by example with your own creations. We value diverse voices and varied backgrounds, and we're looking for individuals to help us build fun, compelling, and inclusive gameplay and experiences for World of Warcraft.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer competitive benefits and strive for a healthy work / life balance. We work hard to foster a deeply collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything, and we are dedicated to crafting the most epic entertainment experiences… ever. Join us!
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
What you will do…
- Interpret high-level vision into clear guidance for the team, holding regular reviews and providing iterative feedback to help them meet their design goals.
- Work with production and other leads to manage the team’s schedule.
- Mentor team members through crafting and iterating designs, and on implementation best practices.
- Collaborate with WoW’s other teams to build world class combat experiences while integrating their teams’ goals with your own.
- Partner with QA and production to plan, implement, document, and test features.
- Champion work / life balance for your team.
- Promote, contribute to, and participate in our culture of inclusion and diversity.
To succeed you must have…
- Extensive RPG class design experience. You’ve been responsible for designing and maintaining significant parts of an RPG’s class design.
- Familiarity with World of Warcraft combat and classes
- A strong desire to succeed through others by understanding their needs, advocating on their behalf, and providing support and mentorship as required.
- The ability to consider feedback from multiple conflicting viewpoints and provide design guidelines for teammates to make the best overall decision.
- Experience providing direction in the development of major features.
- Experience leading and/or mentoring others.
- The ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal format.
- Cover Letter, which should include a bit about you, why you are interested in working on World of Warcraft, and some games you are currently playing.
*Cover letters are not required but are strongly encouraged.*
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.