This job might no longer be available.
Assistant Facilities Operations Manager - Workplace Experience
Los Angeles, CA
2 months ago
Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience, and beyond!
We’re looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently and aren’t afraid to experiment. That's where you come in.
The Workplace Experience Team (WX) at Riot is just that, Rioters' experience in the workplace. We are a diverse group of disciplines focused with intent on how Rioters engage with our workspace that includes: Physical Security for our safety; Facilities Operations for our buildings, maintenance, food and Events programs for daily engagement; Media Systems for our collaboration , presentations, and entertainment and Occupancy Planning, to help us understand how we occupy our world, and ways to improve it.
As Assistant Facilities Operations Manager, you will report to the Facilities Operations Manager, and be responsible for leading facilities services as well as maintaining mechanical and related infrastructure systems that allow Riot offices to run efficiently. The performance of these systems will impact the quality of workspace of Rioters and the reliability of our systems that support our internal infrastructure.
- Execute preventative maintenance plans, small-scale construction projects, and the management of vendors to conduct regular repairs and maintenance efforts for 500K SQFT of office space.
- Identify maintenance needs throughout campus and works closely with Building Engineers and outside vendors to complete those repairs.
- Work closely with the Facilities Operations Manager on delegated projects, tracking established achievements, inspecting work for completeness, and assuring the final delivery meets the intended objectives
- Confirm costs for pass-throughs for repairs under the supervision of the Facility Operations Manager. Requests approval for pass-throughs from the Facility Operations Manager and follows-up on work requests carried out by Building Engineers.
- Liaise with Riot Food Program leads to assure that spaces and facilities equipment utilized by the Food Team are operating as needed to support the daily service of meals at Riot Central Campus.
- Respond to emergency calls during off hours and executes emergency maintenance services as needed. Plans strategy for emergency event responses, including floods, fires, power-outages, and earthquakes.
- Work with Facility Manager, Riot Security, Building Engineers, IT, and Talent to plan and execute processes for emergency response.
- Serve as point of communication between facilities and first responders in the event of an emergency.
- Work with Riot Security and ERT Teams to hold annual fire drills and maintains copies of documentation of completion.
- Work to improve workplace experience through changes to interior design and adjustments to physical systems.
- 3-4 years experience in Facilities Management related field
- Thorough knowledge of building maintenance (including electrical and plumbing), equipment, and supplies
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Project, Excel, and Visio - Google Docs experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Facilities software systems such as lighting control, HVAC controls, IWMS tools, CMMS systems, etc.
- Past experience with work order management systems
- Vendor sourcing and management experience
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave , plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.