This job might no longer be available.
13 days ago
An Assistant Editor is responsible for running the edit suite (from home as of now) for animation productions at Tangent Animation.
Duties may include:
- Managing the editing system & working with media in multiple formats
- Updating/ installing software
- Troubleshooting system issues
- Ongoing project maintenance/updates to master cuts & edl tracks
- Processing media in assorted formats
- Managing material/communication re: editorial deliveries to/from clients
- Setting up department/company reviews of cuts, etc.
- Assisting client & Tangent Editorial teams with requests as needed
- Assisting other departments with shot set up, audio/reference updates & supporting them on various other requests
- Providing dailies / updated cuts in a technically correct & organized format when requested
- Downloading / importing / transcoding / organizing files
- Troubleshooting technical or other issues
- Communicating certain issues effectively / efficiently with other departments as needed
- Quality control checks on shots/sequences
- Checking frame ranges, total frame lengths, colour levels, burn ins, audio/video sync, cross-checking previous cut/shot versions with updates
- Cutting sound/picture material
- Applying Luma Keys & making adjustments for green screen mockups
- Basic compositing/assembling split screenshots with multiple sub shots
- Applying / matching client transitions
- Exporting / uploading cuts for reviews & deliveries
- Tracking / assisting in organization in tandem with other shot departments (i.e. tasks include updating spreadsheets, circulating detailed edit notes, staying on top of multiple threads, attending regular meetings, etc.)
For downstream departments, tasks may also include:
- Applying LUTs & making color adjustments
- Checking frames for quality issues/errors
- Assisting in providing MXF files, Avid bins, EDLs, MOVs or files in other formats, for picture and sound post-production.
- Managing multiple formats of media
- Updating material / Assisting Finishing Editor
- Assembling/editing media in stereo
- Conforming & packaging projects for various deliverables (i.e. broadcast, film, online formats)
- 2+ years of experience in Avid Media Composer
- Experience in working with multiple departments simultaneously an animation pipeline workflow
- Experience in working with large studios
- Experience & interest in performing research & development for projects, with good problem solving skills
- Ability to adapt to new workflows & assist in developing them, using new technologies / formats
- Excellent communication & organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills; Ability to multi-task, prioritize these tasks appropriately & to delegate when necessary
- Ability to perform under pressure & very tight deadlines when necessary
- Experience in a diverse range of television / feature film project workflows, with experience in dealing with Live Action, Documentary, scripted Dramas, Animation / Visual Effects material, with a very good understanding of the different stages of these projects, from pre-production -> production -> post production -> packaging-> delivery for distribution and broadcast
- Experience in using various software programs used in various stages of the above workflows. i.e. Avid Media Composer, Davinci Resolve, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere
- Basic understanding & willingness to learn to use Blender, Fusion, Motion Builder, Unreal Game Engine, Ozo Creator, Deadline Monitor
- Must be technically savvy, able to take initiative & self motivate / manage
- Great attention to detail
Tangent Animation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.