7 days ago
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture, and a drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in...
You are often recognized as being an expert in what you do. Ambitious, accomplished, and improvement-seeker are a few words that describe you and your work ethic. You’re looking for a team that shares in the same “work-hard, play-hard” environment and are ready to roll up your sleeves to take your function to the next level at Kabam. You do not shy away from a challenge and are excited by exploring uncharted territory. You create a positive and lasting impact on teams and businesses.
Sound like a match? We are looking for a sharp and analytical Assistant Controller, directly reporting to the Controller to deliver exceptional accounting, finance, and operations services to the organization. You will partner with the controller to manage all functions of the financial reporting team from corporate accounting, financial reporting, taxation, and handling corporate level transactions including mergers and acquisitions.
Your responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Manage month-end and quarter-end close including preparing/ reviewing various working papers, consolidating all entities, and preparing elimination working papers and monthly reporting package
- Manage newly acquired subsidiaries for all aspects of financial operation and closing/reporting cycle and support implementing new processes and control
- Prepare and review various internal and external reporting packages including the board meeting reports, quarterly disclosures
- Recording intercompany transactions and reconciling intercompany balances
- Assist the controller for taxation matters including direct/indirect taxes, transfer pricing, and any ad-hoc tax matters
- Partner with FP&A team to maintain personnel model and bonus accrual process
- Performing IFRS research and preparing accounting analysis as needed
- Assist the team with SOX implementation and compliance
- Supporting the Controller in maintaining the Company’s global accounting policies, practices, and controls for compliance with IFRS and accounting best practices
- Managing external and statutory financial audits
- Supporting AP team and accounting manager for bi-weekly pay runs
To be successful in this role, your background includes:
- 5+ years of experience, including 2+ years in the industry, preferably within the tech industry
- Experience managing a team and partnering with internal business partners
- Consolidation experience in a multi-currency environment
- Strong Financial Management, Financial Reporting, and Business Analysis experience
- In-depth working knowledge of IFRS
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively at all levels, and across organizations
- “Rolling up your sleeves” mindset is a must
- A strong advocate of teamwork and collaboration
- Strong professional integrity with a high level of respect for all persons
- Excellent problem solving and analytical abilities
- Strong process and project management skills. Ability to manage multiple priorities and activities to meet tight deadlines with a high level of accuracy
It would be a big plus if you have:
- Previous experience working in video games or the tech industry
- Experience in Canadian and US tax
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions
- Experience with operations in multiple jurisdictions
- Experience in system implementation or process automation
Our success is due to the hard work of our people. We share our success with our people through flexible benefits and reward programs, sweet swag, snacks, and more. Here’s a look at some of the support we provide our people:
- We know that one size doesn’t fit all - every team has the flexibility to find the right balance between in-studio, remote, and hybrid in-studio/remote.
- We offer extended health coverage effective day one, with no waiting period, including a flexible health spending account and/or personal spending account! Any leftover amounts from the health/personal spending account can also be automatically added to a group TFSA.
- Telus Health Virtual Care that provides you a way to remotely interact with healthcare providers, available 24/7 to get prescription refills or referrals from the comfort of your home.
- We provide an employee assistance program to ensure our people’s mental and emotional well-being.
- Everyone retires eventually, and we help our people save for their futures with a contribution matching program for their RRSP.
- We offer paid parental leave, flexible paid time off (no worrying about how much time has been earned), as well as paid time off for volunteering.
- We encourage development through educational support, training sessions, skill development, knowledge sharing, and more!
- We encourage our team to help us hire the best talent through our referral program where they can earn up to $5,000 for a successful referral hire.
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply now and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and entertain the world!
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.